For me it's the last 4 lb that are tough

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
I feel like i've been trying so hard to get these last 4 lbs off. i have been trying to get to 122 and i'm back up to 126 again. it's not really that much weight... you'd think i could do it! i had a really tough week where i pigged out several days and that is what did it. now i'm back at 1500 calories again. i'm afraid to drop calories any lower since my metabolism is already pretty low. i always gain weight when i have an average of 1700 or more... seems like i just can't hit that magical number. so i'm trying 1500 for a while because my assumption is that 1600 must be my maintenance.

Replies

• bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya, though I haven't gotten within 4 lb of my (completely arbitrarily made up) goal weight. I want to get to 130 lb.; I was stuck at 142 for approximately ever (OK, for 5 weeks), then scratched and clawed my way for another 10 weeks to get to my current low of 137.8 lb. Now, two weeks later, I'm back up to 139.2 lb... haven't changed my 1500/day target since I honestly don't know whether to go up, down, sideways, or what. For the past week or so, I've been concentrating on doing a better job hitting my macros, just to see if that helps.

So frustrating!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I finally broke through my plateau today! I have been stuck between 141 and 142 for about 4 mos. Today I weighed 140.6!! I did it by switching to Olivia's method. Before I switched,my daily calorie goal was set at 1350. I manually increased it to 1,680, but tried to leave at least 280 calories at the end of each day, whether or not I exercised, so I should lose .5/lb per week. So basically, I increased my daily calorie to 1,400 (1680-280 = 1,400). In less than a week, I hit a new record low weight. I am now 2.4 lbs. from my UGW. If you search for "Olivia's method, you can find more details. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message or post them here.

NOW I am motivated again.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    yeah i think the olivia's method would result in me gaining. every time i go above 1700 i gain. i've tried it several times. it just doesn't seem to work for me. i think the only way i am going to get to my goal weight is to stay around 1500 for the next few months. it sucks because it seems like so little. but it's probably the only way for me, unfortunately. i just feel like i want to eat more all the time. i don't want to be back where i was so i've been working really hard to restrain myself.