Week 1 of C25K

Options

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The difference between Week 1 and 2 is staggering. That extra 30 seconds of running is a killer. Either way, I'm on W2D2 tonight.
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It makes it so much easier to keep going when you have races scheduled. Keeps the motivation up. That's when I do my best and can keep up with it.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D2 today...omg i'm getting so excited about this haha! I'm just LOVING it! I'm hoping the excitement continues through the rest of the weeks haha
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D2 this morning too! I'm seriously loving it. Never thought I'd actually enjoy running. I might be singing a different tune by week 5 though haha.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've got Week 1 Day 3 lined up for tomorrow night. I don't have a gym membership, so it's the mean streets for me :tongue: in the cold, and the wet :sad:

I chickened out last night, and just did it indoors, jogging on the spot and running up and down my living room. I tried to increase the difficulty of it though, and had 0.5kg weights around my ankles, 0.5kg weights around my wrists, and was holding two 1kg weights in each hand. Don't know if this made up for the fact that I didn't actually go out, but it sure felt like a workout!

Depending on how I feel on Monday, I might repeat Week 1 again, with proper runs each time. I've got until the 12th June this year for the Race For Life I am entering, which is about 15 weeks, so I have a bit of breathing room to repeat weeks.
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just finished w1d3. I was considering repeating the week, but then realized that I did it. I didn't quit, I didn't have to stop. So I am going to move onto w2d1. This one I might have to repeat. We'll see.

I looked forward and just the thought of running for 30 min. is terrifying!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I did W1D3 today too, so onto the second week next! So excited!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    After the day I had, I was so looking forward to just going for a run. No one who knows me IRL would have ever thought I'd say that lol.

I've just finished W1D3, and I really enjoyed it. I'm pleased to say that towards the end I wasn't getting so out of breath. My legs were screaming at me during the last running part, but other than that it went really well.

I think I'm going to try W2D1 next week. I'm not entirely sure I'm ready, but if I can't do it just yet, I'll drop back to W1 for another week. I know I'll be annoyed with myself if I don't even try to do the next step :laugh:
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Really wanting to get started on W1D1 but I'm not sure how to figure out if it's been 60 seconds or 90 seconds. How do you know? I don't have a smart phone or anything like that. What is everyone using?

Thanks!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Never mind. Just read the apps reviews sticky and I'm going to use a podcast for my ipod. Thanks!
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    W1d2 for me and I'm wondering if I'm going to make it, W1d1 kicked my buttocks!! Going to give it an honest and let's see what happens!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    W1d2 for me and I'm wondering if I'm going to make it, W1d1 kicked my buttocks!! Going to give it an honest and let's see what happens!

If you need to repeat week 1 for a couple weeks, no biggie! It's really hard getting started. What matters is that you stick with it! :)
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I finished W2D3 last night. I will only do my 30 Day Shred tonight so I can rest up for Week 3. It looks a bit frightening, but I'm ready for the challenge.
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options

If you need to repeat week 1 for a couple weeks, no biggie! It's really hard getting started. What matters is that you stick with it! :)

Thanks Mand8301

Tonight will be the end of W1d3 and I've got to say I'm proud of myself so far. I'll start W2d1 Monday (naturally), I'm going to give it a shot and if I can't hang I'll drop back to week 1 again, no shame in my game :)
  • endowd
    endowd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in my first week too. Might have to do Week 1 for two weeks.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Made it through W3D1 & D2 this weekend. It was tough, but I'm so proud of myself. I jogged for 3 minutes. Yippee!:happy:
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Last time I did W1D2 was in Feb so I did that one again today. It felt great!! I have been working out on the eliptical so it wasn't too bad out there today. I'm lovin the warmer weather and being outside now. My son rode with on his bike for added support and it was great! Hopefully I can get out again tomorrow after work now that we have "Sprung forward".
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Today I completed wk1 day1 with my bestie. We have The Color Run in July to train for and that is our motivation to get through this program! Feels good!!!
  • southernyogini
    southernyogini Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I restarted today! I am going to run Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is what will work best with my schedule. I am just NOT a runner. I am hopeful though!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I restarted today! I am going to run Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is what will work best with my schedule. I am just NOT a runner. I am hopeful though!

Congrats on your restart! How did today go for you?