Daily Tip for Today (#686)

Options
Top Heavy tip...

Breakfast is a very important meal, try hard not to skip it.

Even better, if you can eat most of your calories earlier in the day, as a breakfast combined with your mid-morning snack, you can take the rest of the day to burn it off, so it's not sitting there in your stomach, all night, digesting slowly.

Eat a sensible but light-cal dinner and see the difference it makes within a couple of weeks!

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    of course you post this one when it is 10:40 and I havent' eated breakfast yet and lunch is in an hour!!!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    of course you post this one when it is 10:40 and I havent' eated breakfast yet and lunch is in an hour!!!

;-)

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat breakfast but started making myself when I started getting serious about getting in better shape. It was kind of tough at first and took some getting used to, but now I've gotten to the point that I have to have it ... and it does make a difference. :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    What makes sense to me is eating breakfast, having the day to burn it and eating a light dinner. What I can't grasp is to actually stop eating after dinner! It is horrible that I can't do this because it's the reason why I can't lose weight! Ahhh!!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have made it a goal to eat breakfast regularly. I'm managed it almost everyday so far. I think I slipped one day. Even if it is 10am before I remember, I go ahead and have it and make my lunch at 1ish. I can't heavy load in the morning. For one, it is a lot of food and I am just now ABLE to eat that early in the morning (usually by 9am). Second, I tend to feel better if I have some calories to work with for dinner and a late afternoon or mid-evening snack. Sometimes I load up on nuts at the end of the day if I am low on calories or something but there is a sense of peace knowing I'm not biting my nails because it is 3pm and I've run out of calories.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have made it a goal to eat breakfast regularly. I'm managed it almost everyday so far. I think I slipped one day. Even if it is 10am before I remember, I go ahead and have it and make my lunch at 1ish. I can't heavy load in the morning. For one, it is a lot of food and I am just now ABLE to eat that early in the morning (usually by 9am). Second, I tend to feel better if I have some calories to work with for dinner and a late afternoon or mid-evening snack. Sometimes I load up on nuts at the end of the day if I am low on calories or something but there is a sense of peace knowing I'm not biting my nails because it is 3pm and I've run out of calories.

Your approach is smart because you know your body. It's not a "one size fits all" kind of world.