Stronglifts 5x5 and Women

Options
2»

Replies

• kkwillis1
    kkwillis1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'll let you know now, I bench 155 lbs and I'll be damned if any man looks at me Funny. I make the gym my home and if you feel uncomfortable, its time to find a new gym!
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know now, I bench 155 lbs and I'll be damned if any man looks at me Funny. I make the gym my home and if you feel uncomfortable, its time to find a new gym!

GET IT! 155 thats great!

I started lifting again (I was on a team in H.S. and did 230) and almost cried when I could'nt bench 65 YES 65 lbs That is the bar with a 10 on each side!!! for a set of 15 :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :cry: <<< It was that terrifying and troubling all at the same time!

Anyway back to strong lifts ... I think Im going to start this seems easy enough easy to remember but ... does it work?

And did anyone start a group? I couldnt find one!
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    I'm starting 5x5 today and only doing 5x5! I have hit my goal weight and really want to focus on bf and muscles... I have been lifting and know that I can lift more that the starting weights, but I think I'm going to try it today with the 45lbs and work my way through the program to make sure my form is 100%!!

Does anyone want to start a group or thread that started recently or is going to start soon?
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 5x5 today and only doing 5x5! I have hit my goal weight and really want to focus on bf and muscles... I have been lifting and know that I can lift more that the starting weights, but I think I'm going to try it today with the 45lbs and work my way through the program to make sure my form is 100%!!

Does anyone want to start a group or thread that started recently or is going to start soon?

i plan on starting strong lifts when i finish jillian michaels body revolution in 6 weeks so i'd like a group to join!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'd gladly join a group. Unfortunatly, as much as I love the increases, I fear I'll get bored of the routine soon so could use a slap in the face to continue it. Also, would be good to get hints and tips to overcome a plateau... I fear one will be coming soon for the rows!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I just started a group called Stronglifts 5x5 for Women.
  • jessie_rose24
    Options
    I can't find it, I would love to join....can you post the link?
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    Please.. I couldn't find it either.
    I can't find it, I would love to join....can you post the link?
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in joining the group too but couldn't find it. Any luck?
    I want to being the stronglifts this week but feeling a bit overwhelmed. I've never lifted other than free weights once in a while. I am more of a cardio person so trying to "beef" up my strength training. I've been doing TRX and so I think I am more than ready to start now.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

I have no idea why it doesn't show up when you search for it. I tried searching myself and it didn't work either. I have the settings set at Public. I know when it was first formed last night it popped up on the home page as a new group and that's how some of the members joined.