40+ club

Options

Replies

• Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I feel the same way! Even had my GYN tell my "you're over 40, that's what happens", I wanted to kick him. That was not a valid answer to my question about what to do about what to do about it! Hang in there! We are making ourselves healthier even if the scale doesn't reflect it! I really want to throw my scale some days!
  • bobbypar
    Options
    there is 14lb to one stone .
  • udlood71
    Options
    Awesome Grace! Keep it up. Just finding a bit of time a few days a week for walking is great! You will do this.
  • debikay55
    debikay55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow over night this group took off :) im ready for any challenges we set out to do sooo cool :)
  • GlendaBacchus
    GlendaBacchus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just joined MFP a few days ago. I work out 6 times a week most weeks, eat around 1500-1700 calories a day, have about 30 lbs to lose (goal is 150 lbs), am 5'9" and need to do it all by Halloween! Have a great costume to wear! I am 41 and have been overweight all my life it seems. Have 3 busy kids and I seem to live in my car. I love hearing all these motivating stories. Baby steps is so true! I've set out a final goal (30 lbs) but have broken it down into monthly goals, much more attainable. Have been working out forever, so it is a mystery why I can't lose the weight. Hoping that I will be able to do it for good this time! Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have lost the same 40 lbs about 8 or 9 times in my life and just when I thought I would be able to maintain it, boom....I got pregnant! Now I'm back at my highest weight, at the age of 40.

It was nice to find this group, I was looking for a group with a litle maturity and wisdom......unlike some of the posts that I have seen on the forums!
  • Calamityjane2
    Options
    Hi Doneens thankyou I will give them ago xx
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have been struggling with my weight for the past 10 years with the most significant gain in the past 5. I'd almost given up but thought I'd give it one more try. It's day 3 and so far so good. I'm really glad I found MyFitnessPal. I think it'll really help.

Wow I am 45 too and have had the hardest time (almost +20) over the past 5 years. Must be something about the magic number 40. My eyesight is going too :noway: Oh well it is good to have support!
  • dorejohn
    dorejohn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will be 43 in a couple of months. I have struggled with my weight for years. My goal is to lose about 120-125 lbs. My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes and that was kind of a wake up call for me. So far I have not had any issues with my health (outside of a hysterectomy in 2010). I have recently (this week) started a wellness program through the local parks & rec called RevUP. It is 12 weeks of nutrtion and training classes.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    oops, I meant to post this here...

Hello All. I joined this site last week & looking to lose 70 lbs or more. I'm a 40 y/o mom of 2 who has a love for photography & looking to develop a love for better health & fitness :)
    I am ready to get rid of this fat suit that I have been wearing around for a number of years. Happy to meet others who are going through similar issues :happy:
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of starting this group. It is just what we all seem to need. Aging sucks and now we can lament and support each other as we go forward in the process. It helps to know we are not alone or unusual regarding the problems loosing weight and maintaining healthy living. This is a great start......thanks
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    It is so awesome to find women in my age range to share the triumphs and woes. I work with lots of young, active people who just can eat ANYTHING and be slim....oh the envy! :sad:
  • 2012Wendy
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group! I just started MFP and was getting a bit discouraged by the 20-something girls who are 100 lbs and dieting!! Arrgh! I just turned 43 last month and have struggled with my weight for the past 10 years. I lost close to 30lbs two years ago before a vacation to Europe and felt great, but have put it right back on again after starting medication for panic disorder.

It's much harder to lose the weight now that I'm in my 40's, but I'm determined to take a healthy approach to food and exercise and make a change for life.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just joined MFP a few days ago. I work out 6 times a week most weeks, eat around 1500-1700 calories a day, have about 30 lbs to lose (goal is 150 lbs), am 5'9" and need to do it all by Halloween! Have a great costume to wear! I am 41 and have been overweight all my life it seems. Have 3 busy kids and I seem to live in my car. I love hearing all these motivating stories. Baby steps is so true! I've set out a final goal (30 lbs) but have broken it down into monthly goals, much more attainable. Have been working out forever, so it is a mystery why I can't lose the weight. Hoping that I will be able to do it for good this time! Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Sounds like we're pretty much in the same place. I'm 42, 5'9, and would also like to get to 150 (currently at 176). Also try to eat around 1500-1600 and workout 6 days/week. I LOVE the idea of setting monthly goals!! It seems so much moe manageable that way!

--Anne
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    I know what you mean! This very skinny coworker of mine came by me today and said "oh my god. I ate so much at lunch. I am so fat I am going to die." All the while I was thinking..."My goodness! You're the size of my leg!"

You can reach your goals! Never give up!
  • ptamt65
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group. I have been using the program for a couple of weeks now and I think it is very helpful. I quite smoking on 11-11-11 and have been gaining weight steadly. It started before I quite so I don't think it is totally due to that. I have type 2 diabetes, fibromyalgia and thyroid issues so am dealing with lots of issues. Any suggestions or experiences you have to share would be great. I look forward to getting healthier with you and lighter please God!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I love this group because I am not 20, don't have the energy, the ability to do all the big calorie burning workout they do,I can't be what a 20 or even 30 year old can be. I have many health issues,I am 59, anf I need people who understand the struggle I am going thru. I hope we can help each other with these issues and give each other support. Red
  • GillespieRoberts
    Options
    Hi, I am new too, I know lots of women are struggling, but it is comforting to read about actual women working on it. The support is helping. I am trying to work out every day, and making it count. I know sweat is key, and intensity. That's where I falter. It is so hard to "take it up a notch" ! I get on the scale tomorrow.
    To Jackie, I don't have any idea how much 2 stone is either!
  • GillespieRoberts
    Options
    Keep at it! I know life in the car. You are right to break it down it into monthly goals - more achievements then. Being an emotional eater, I am working on giving myself non-food treats - manis or pedis mostly. It loves my midsection more that cookie dough batter.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. We didn't celebrate the Super Bowl this year, so that made it easy. Tomorrow is a new day, so if you did fall off the wagon, dust it off and start fresh tomorrow. You can do it. Red