Favorite Foods

Options
cjgsmg
cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
I find myself getting stuck in a rut eating the same foods and could use some new ideas. My favorite is creamy chicken and wild rice soup: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/creamy-chicken-and-wild-rice-soup/detail.aspx

I make it with 1% millk instead of the heavy cream and a can of chicken breast and it turns out to be 258 calories per cup. Plus it only takes about 20 minutes to make. I like to make it for lunch and eat it for a couple days since my hubbie doesn't think that soup is a meal on its own.

What do you like to eat?

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of home made stir fry. I love veggies. I just sautee them up with a dash of soy and teriyaki sauce. Some days I will dice up some lean steak, or lean chicken breast. I serve it over some brown rice. It comes up to about 500 calories but it is real tasty!

I also love making home made soups too. Chili, chicken wild rice, cream of asparagus, turkey noodle. I love them all!
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am a variety person so I make everything to stay out of the rut! I do like to cook enough dnner though so I have a hot plate for lunch. I have eaten a little of everything since I have been doing this plan. My family is so funny because I tend to cook more when watching what I eat and they LOVE it!! I have cooked turkey, ham, bbq chicken, tacos, and lots ofother things...
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I just made Steel Cut oats this morning for the first time. It may be a new favorite of mine. I cooked them in the crock pot overnight, added an apple, cinnamon and brown suger and let it cook all night long. This morning I woke up and my house had the aroma of homemade apple pie and my Oats were hot and waiting for me. I made 3 servings, put the other two in the fridge for the next couple of monrings. I put all of my ingredients into MFP recipie maker and it says that I only ate 137 calories this morning. I am FULL! and it was only 137 calories? Wow, this will be a new staple.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I was 145.6 yesterday, 145.4 today, this is hard because I was so stuck at 150 .2 I had decided to give myself at the 5 pound mark instead of the normal 10 a gift, I have a list of things I give myself as I lose, having lost as much as I have Ive gotten some nice things, but now that Im there its hard to actually reward myself