do you have a type?

Options

Replies

• NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I like good looking, fit women. I like women who are pleasant to be around and don't cause problems/drama. Someone who is straight forward, has emotional maturity and can communicate. Most of the women I tend to date have college degrees, but the Bachelor's degree is so watered down as compared to 30-40 years ago that it has little meaning in terms of proving intelligence and/or sophistication.

how do you define emotional maturity?
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Give in to my super overly niceness

Ok so now where is he? :):):)

he's probably being mistreated by the "wrong" kind of girl at the moment. he'll wise up soon. :wink:
    regarding your super overly niceness, what do you mean by "give in"?

I'm really nice. It's scary sometimes lol.. Anyways i like to do nice things alot so if I do, just allow it or try to accept it... I don't know if that's a good thing or not but I can get overly nice and want to just do tons of nice things.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My type would probably be someone who possesses:

intelligence/values education
    kindness
    takes good care of themselves
    Someone I can feel comfortable being around
    Someone who's quiet like me I guess ( not boisterous and vulgar... that will get old and annoy me after awhile )
    It also helps that they don't mind my nerdiness, ha

Those're some of the main things I look for.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I seem to go for girls that are a bit different from the norm. I don't know what it is, maybe a bit quirky?

I like in a woman:

Independant
    Trustworthy
    Has to have a nice smile for me - I smile a lot!
    Takes care of themselves - Added this recently, I just don't think I could be with someone that doesn't look after themselves anymore, we wouldn't have enough in common for one!
    Won't try n change me, really why bother?
    Constantly challenges and intrigues me, that's the lastest one anyway!
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Starting to think there isn't anyone out there for me so I shouldn't be so picky :/
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Lots of great answers out there.

I prefer:

Intelligent!!
    Independent-- have their own interests and friends. I really dislike clingy and needy men.
    Confident
    Athletic
    Close to his family
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    :tongue: My "perfect" guy would be over six feet tall, dark features (hair, eyes, skin tone), straight teeth, Hispanic and with broad shoulders. :tongue:

ack it cut me off....

personality wise: I love a sense of humor, a bit of take charge, romantic (not sappy but every now and then he lets me know what I mean to him) and it would be nice if he were emotionally available :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    :happy: so i'm trying to think if any of us are each other's types so i can play matchmaker...
  • hope516
    Options
    Amazona lol...Match me! match me :wink:

Miguel, you never told us your type :happy:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    :happy: so i'm trying to think if any of us are each other's types so i can play matchmaker...

Matchmaker Matchmaker make me a match lol :bigsmile:
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I don’t really have a type as far as looks go (Although I do like a nice smile :smile: ). However, having ambitions in life is a must. I'm currently working on my Masters Degree and I'm constantly trying to better myself in my career. Therefore, I would have a hard time dating someone who didn’t have goals for the future.

goals are very important to me too. im excited to work hard for a stronger well being but would feel slightly taken for granted if my SO was sitting at home with an unparallel desire for herself.

what's your master's degree?

It's in Organizational Leadership with an emphasis in Human Resources. Yes I'm one of those people lol. :smile:
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    My type would probably be someone who possesses:

intelligence/values education
    kindness
    takes good care of themselves
    Someone I can feel comfortable being around
    It also helps that they don't mind my nerdiness, ha

Those're some of the main things I look for.

i agree with these too!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    I like good looking, fit women. I like women who are pleasant to be around and don't cause problems/drama. Someone who is straight forward, has emotional maturity and can communicate. Most of the women I tend to date have college degrees, but the Bachelor's degree is so watered down as compared to 30-40 years ago that it has little meaning in terms of proving intelligence and/or sophistication.

does a piece of paper prove intelligence/sophistication?
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    I don’t really have a type as far as looks go (Although I do like a nice smile :smile: ). However, having ambitions in life is a must. I'm currently working on my Masters Degree and I'm constantly trying to better myself in my career. Therefore, I would have a hard time dating someone who didn’t have goals for the future.

goals are very important to me too. im excited to work hard for a stronger well being but would feel slightly taken for granted if my SO was sitting at home with an unparallel desire for herself.

what's your master's degree?

It's in Organizational Leadership with an emphasis in Human Resources. Yes I'm one of those people lol. :smile:

One of those people? By that "thos people" do you mean: intelligent, driven, focused, and well respected? if so, you're "one of those [great] people"!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options

haha what have you come up with?
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    i'm horrible at this... i have no idea. :laugh: i need to make a spreadsheet.. haha
  • hope516
    Options
    i'm horrible at this... i have no idea. :laugh: i need to make a spreadsheet.. haha

a spreadsheet with matters of the heart :noway: lol....type A :tongue:
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options

a spreadsheet with matters of the heart :noway: lol....type A :tongue:

hahahha...how funny. being the nerdy nerd that i am at times...ive done this. lol
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Starting to think there isn't anyone out there for me so I shouldn't be so picky :/

you should be picky! the characteristics that are important to you are not something to shy away from! smile and be happy about what you want. dont give up! :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    okay forget a spreadsheet.. let's just have a party instead! :drinker: