yoga...

Options
anyone else spend more time watching the tv to make sure their yoga poses are correct than they spend actually enjoying it? my breathing is always off and i'm never fully relaxed. but i can power through one a week. :ohwell:

Replies

• jamr753
    Options
    Yep! When she keeps saying to keep the breathe internal, and I'm huff'in and puff'in with my mouth open! But one a week I can handle, my muscles needed it!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am not a fan of yoga. The first time I did this a couple of weeks ago, I hated it. The next week I did it again, and it was a little bit better. I'm hoping tonight will be even better again. I like the bigger burn, sweat dripping workouts better but I'm starting to understand the need for this as well. We will see how it goes later...
  • AnastasiaMarieA
    AnastasiaMarieA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    anyone else spend more time watching the tv to make sure their yoga poses are correct than they spend actually enjoying it? my breathing is always off and i'm never fully relaxed. but i can power through one a week. :ohwell:

YES! Plus I am off balance so much! Oh well. I hope that in time I can look as graceful as she does :)
  • jpowers70
    jpowers70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not a fan of yoga either...never have been. I got through about 10 min of it this morning, then folded laundry while I watched the rest of the workout. Ugh. I don't have time to squeeze in a different workout tonight and am feeling really guilty about it...my day definitely did not get off to the energetic, focused start I'd had on days 1, 2 and 3.

I think next week I may choose one of Chris' other workouts in lieu of yoga....
  • jamr753
    Options
    You got to do what makes you feel good so if another one of her workouts is better for you, then do it! It is all about getting us moving more! I know that I what I need! Good luck and stay with it! We all have our off days, just a matter of getting back to it the next day! Good luck!
  • jpowers70
    jpowers70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! So glad I joined this group...it's great to read everyone's comments and so nice to get feedback.

Since my last post, I ended up cancelling one of my evening commitments so I could go out for a quick walk with the dog...it was less than 2mi and I probably only burned about 120 calories but I feel so much better...more energy, clear head, and less guilt about skipping this morning's yoga.

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • mamakate3
    Options
    I think the most important part of the yoga video is the stretching. As long as you stretch your muscles after using weights as much as we will be every week, it really doent matter what method you use. Enjoying it is much more important!
    I am so proud of us ladies! Looking forward to kickboxing tomorrow!
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    so i did the yoga while listening to a yoga station on pandora and i kept getting distracted by the animal and water sounds! hahaha! but i did it and my legs are all stretched out and ready for tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • LynneWyre
    LynneWyre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a yoga fan! Over the years I have found that yoga is my favorite workout of all. I hope you all will give it a chance
    and you will see how great it makes you feel.
  • mamakate3
    Options
    I agree, it has become my favorite as well. I have done yoga in the past so its a little easier for me but we all have to start somewhere! Chris's version is very relaxing and it stretches EVERYTHING. Great feeling when you can get through the whole video using pranayama breathing!