February Challenge

Options

Replies

• lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    2/15 - 184.6
    2/22 - 182.8 ** 1.8lb loss

Technically my week isn't over, I normally weigh on Sundays, but that's my week progress from last Wed to this Wed :D
  • LoveToWork
    LoveToWork Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Challenge Group 02/22/2012
    AFreeheart
    arjonazo
    CallmeSbo
    Cheryl_66
    geekgrrl70
    Hephree
    herstrawberri
    HopeBay
    KaseyWolf
    kfurley
    LemonSnap
    lexagon
    LoveToWork - Jeanne
    zero dang it..
    tboothgenthe
    MatrixDyke
    nitepagan
    nitalynne58
    theKarens

Not to many have check in yet.. this is what I have so far..
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Im sorry, i forgot to check in. I did get my 1kg loss yesterday. Yay.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My numbers for February in pounds of flesh.

Feb 01 = 311.1
    Feb 23 = 305.6
    ============
    Loss = 5.5

We still have 6 more days to go.
  • LoveToWork
    Options
    Challenge Group 02/22/2012
    AFreeheart
    arjonazo
    CallmeSbo
    1 kg
    Cheryl_66
    geekgrrl70
    Hephree
    1.6 pounds
    herstrawberri
    1 pound
    HopeBay
    KaseyWolf
    kfurley
    LemonSnap
    lexagon
    1.8 pounds
    LoveToWork - Jeanne
    zero dang it..
    tboothgenthe
    1 pound
    MatrixDyke
    scale needs a new battery .. oops
    nitepagan
    nitalynne58
    theKarens
    1 pound

I went and look at what I could find for some who did not check in.. we did good.. congrats to all!
  • MatrixDyke
    MatrixDyke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got a new scale battery so Im just a day late (and a dollar short) here are my feb #s

Feb 1 - 245.8
    Feb 8 - 245
    Feb 15 - 241.2
    Feb 23 - 241.8

This month is a huge challenge for me because last weekend was my best friends 30th birthday (which turned into a 3 day party), this weekend is my company party (party bus + keg = yikes), and next weekend Im in vegas for 3 days for a work conference. Thank you to all that have been keeping me going, the fact that Im losing/slightly maintaining is a pretty big accomplishment in my book!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got a new scale battery so Im just a day late (and a dollar short) here are my feb #s

Feb 1 - 245.8
    Feb 8 - 245
    Feb 15 - 241.2
    Feb 23 - 241.8

This month is a huge challenge for me because last weekend was my best friends 30th birthday (which turned into a 3 day party), this weekend is my company party (party bus + keg = yikes), and next weekend Im in vegas for 3 days for a work conference. Thank you to all that have been keeping me going, the fact that Im losing/slightly maintaining is a pretty big accomplishment in my book!

It sounds like it would really help you lose weight if we change jobs. I will take your party bus and vegas conference and you can have my 8 hours a day of grinding boozeless cubicle SUCK. I'm doing it for YOU buddy! Because we're friends and I want to make that sacrifice to help you out
  • lexagon
    Options

Feb 1 - 245.8
    Feb 8 - 245
    Feb 15 - 241.2
    Feb 23 - 241.8

That's crazy and fun and I'm totally jealous :)
  • MatrixDyke
    Options
    It sounds like it would really help you lose weight if we change jobs. I will take your party bus and vegas conference and you can have my 8 hours a day of grinding boozeless cubicle SUCK. I'm doing it for YOU buddy! Because we're friends and I want to make that sacrifice to help you out

Hahaha, its hard to party like a rock star and LOOK like a rock star at the same time :) That is my dilema!! But thank you for offering to sacrifice :)
  • MatrixDyke
    Options

:) I feel like a party animal and then I wake up the next day usually saying something along the lines of "I'm too old for this *kitten*"
  • LoveToWork
    Options

:) I feel like a party animal and then I wake up the next day usually saying something along the lines of "I'm too old for this *kitten*"

Oh to be young again... have fun and try to be good..

Your Mom.. Jeanne
  • lexagon
    Options

Bahahaha! Sounds like me! Inevitably you end up doing it again ... LOL
  • tameko2
    Options

Bahahaha! Sounds like me! Inevitably you end up doing it again ... LOL

I actually felt too old for that **** when I was like .... 25. Which is kind of sad. I was hanging out with a friend all night Sat and had an awful hangover the next day and basically wasted my whole sunday feeling terrible. And I thought "ugh, not worth it at all" So I kind of try to remind myself that I don't want to give up a whole day to being hungover and that usually keeps me pretty good.

So see? It really would be a sacrifice. GIMME! (Everyone at my job is either miserable or coasting along getting paid for very little because my company NEVER. FIRES. ANYONE. Even a hangover sounds more fun than that.)
  • Cheryl_66
    Cheryl_66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Only down .8 last week. I have lowered calories and upped exercise in Feb yet I am stalled
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've read a few articles that if you're stalled, lowering calories isn't the way to go. Not sure totally. Might look at ways of upping your metabolism, look at your food diary to find hidden stuff (that is where I find things). Read an article about bulking that was interesting. It was about increasing calories and weight training to add muscle...which will boost your metabolism and calorie burning.
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Got my oatmeal. Going to add some wt room this morning before my run in the pool. I told myself when I got below 300 (almost there) I would start doing more "land" work...but I love my pool runs, so don't think I'll give them up entirely when I do start doing that. My usual work out is: running in the pool for 45 min, 40-50 modified chin ups (I use the hand rails on the ramp for the pool, lift myself up out of the water like a chin up), using the water weights/stretch bands/tubes for resistance to work arms and legs; 130 crunches (90 reg and 40 trying to hit obliques) and 20-30 modified dips (using the rails on the ramp once again. I also will use the stairs and go up 2 and do one leg and then both leg squats of 25 reps and then do calf raises. I know the water takes a load off my joints, but I have gotten good results.

I plan on adding the wt room and also the recumbent bike or elliptical when I got to 299. My wt was at 370 when I thought holy crud, I need to pay attention! Got down to 340, back up to 351...and I said that's it. That was the beginning of November 2011.

Almost there, 299 was my first goal and I'm at 301.2 as of yesterday.
  • Mr_anaya
    Options
    I'm in!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Only down .8 last week. I have lowered calories and upped exercise in Feb yet I am stalled

losing .8 lbs in a week is not stalled. Stalled is not losing any weight in 6 weeks, aka me. As you get closer to goal you should expect to lose less per week. Also make sure you re-run the MFP wizard as it doesn't always lower your cals automatically as you lose weight. (Go to - My Home --> Goals --> Change Goals and re-run the wizard.)

So anyway if you (or hey if any of you guys) want to give me numbers and have me run calculations for you, I can put together some recommendations on calorie intakes and macros and what not. Tell me height, weight, what your daily activity is (desk job, standing job, stay at home mom, whatever) and what your exercise burns are like.

But starving yourself isn't really the answer for healthy weight loss for most people. I know plenty of women losing or maintaining very low weights and bodyfat % and eating over 2000 calories a day.
  • Cheryl_66
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am nowhere near "goal" and most of my meals in Feb are salmon and spinach salad. I think I'm going to put more variety in my diet as well as some strength training. I do the elliptical at least 5 days a week and Wii fit free step a few nights a week. Honestly, the Wii fit is getting me down because it has told me I've gained weight almost every day this week. I use the "real" scale on Monday's.. I'll check in on Monday. The good news is that none of my clothes fit and I had to dig through the garage for old clothes from ten years ago. Does anyone else here have a fear of buying new stuff and getting rid of the old clothes?
  • Cheryl_66
    Options
    2 and a half this week. Gonna rerun my calorie goals.