First Feb2012 Challenge

10K steps daily, come and join me in accomplishing this goal

Replies

• carrie0210
    carrie0210 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm in. I have a desk job and some times find it difficult to get 10k in each day. I'm pushing myself to make it happen though. Thanks for creating this group!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 810 Member
    I have back to back desk jobs (8:30 am - 5 pm and 5:15 pm - 10:30 pm M-F) so I have a real hard time getting in 10k a day, but I will try. I'm usually jogging in place in front of the tv when I get home at 11:30 pm (yes, an hour ride to work and then another hour to get home). I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I walk in place when I'm doing my hair in the morning to get my steps in. It's 20 mins of walking in place and you really get used to doing two things at once after a few days of it.

I'd love to try and get the steps in.
  • welcome Carrie and Ana, Ana, can you wake up half an hour earlier to do some aerobics or even dancing for half an hour that will help you move around. I also have a desk job stuck to the phone. I wake up half an hour earlier to do aerobics with walk away the pounds at lunch I go walking for about 20mins. then after dinner i go another 3miles of walk away the pounds at home or i change it up with belly dancing or dancing to the oldies. and i am always just moving around like you as well Ana. let's just do what we can, as long as we keep motivated to move. especially with our desk jobs we need to get moving somehow.

Carrie and you motivated me to do this group lol. =0)
  • 15882 steps taken today
  • so far i'm here now but it's early it's only 7:25pm 9739 steps taken today who's with me?
  • 19056 steps taken this was for yesterday.
  • today's and it's only 10:30am---10935 steps taken today come on let's move that body.
  • today so far 16,200 steps taken today and it's 7:08pm. hope you all made your goal
  • anacsitham5
    Not quite hitting the 10k a day, I try to walk as much as possible but having 14.5 hrs of desk job work each day (M-F) is making it so hard. I manage between 6500-7500. I planned on really hitting it over the weekend, but ended up sick....still there. Running a high fever and have a sore throat. Always a wrench in the plan. 1k in this morning, shooting for another 9k by midnight. Wish me luck!
  • anacsitham5
    welcome Carrie and Ana, Ana, can you wake up half an hour earlier to do some aerobics or even dancing for half an hour that will help you move around. I also have a desk job stuck to the phone. I wake up half an hour earlier to do aerobics with walk away the pounds at lunch I go walking for about 20mins. then after dinner i go another 3miles of walk away the pounds at home or i change it up with belly dancing or dancing to the oldies. and i am always just moving around like you as well Ana. let's just do what we can, as long as we keep motivated to move. especially with our desk jobs we need to get moving somehow.

Carrie and you motivated me to do this group lol. =0)

I will try but I only get 6 hours a sleep each night now and it's almost impossible to get out of bed as it is. I will try tomorrow to get up 30 min earlier. Unfortunately, my husband isn't supportive and he leaves for work at 7 am. He needs to watch his news for an hour before he leaves for work while he has his coffee, so I can't use the tv. I leave 15 min after him, so I can't wait til he leaves to get the exercise in. Still snow here and no sidewalks, so I can't walk outside. Thanks for the advise.
  • Hi Ana good to hear from you, hope you are feeling a lil more better and that your fever had broken. and I wish you all the luck you need to get to where you want to be sweetie ♥♥♥
  • ok I have gotten addicted to working out. today I had company for dinner and in my mind all I thought was I have to somehow get my 10k in. so as soon as i said goodbye. changed up and 3miles of walk a way the pounds was on lol. wow I have changed so much, my mind set is focused in losing this weight for sure. today at 10:16pm- 17,345 steps taken today. but today I really had to struggle to get there. while waiting for my guest, I was dancing and marching all over my home to get some type of movement I surely thought today I wasn't going to make the 10k but I did. hope everyone had a great day as well. much love
  • only did today 12582 steps taken today too tired going to bed early hope you all made your goal.
  • 21,600 steps taken today
  • lcglog
    lcglog Posts: 24
    Wow! You are doing amazing! I unfortunately found out the hard way that the fitbit and the washer are not friends. But I have a new one on order and when I get it, I will see if I can do 10K a day. I have gotten consistent with 5K a day...1.5 hour commute each way and 8 -10 hours of work so I get it that it is hard. I take the long way to the restroom and the stairs to meetings, I have been focusing on no elevator at all going down and this month am working on taking the stairs up... one flight at a time.
  • anacsitham5
    21,600 steps taken today

WOW! Amazing.
  • hi Ana how are you doing, hope all is well.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    25,110 steps taken today- hope everyone is meeting their goal