New to the group looking for on-line support friends!

Options
My name is Nina and I am trying to lose around 100 pounds, I have started to change my eating habits and I have joined a gym. I am looking for friends to encourage me and me them. :happy:

Replies

• NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Teena and I have similar goals, nice to meet you!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    Hi, my name is also Tina... I have lost 43 lbs so far and have about another 12 - 17 to go... feel free to add me as a friend on MFP... good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    you have come to the right place, come back and post your questions or support. we need you and we need each other.:heart:
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am so glad my dear friend lead me here. I have about 50 more lbs. to go, being 59, it does not come off so easy anymore, and a few health issues and meds. slow things down a bit, but I will get there, with a little help from my friends!!! Red
  • Chevon71
    Chevon71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Nina, I am also new to the group. Sounds like you have made a great start and the pounds will start to drop off before you know it. Make sure to take baby steps in the beginning and never give up. I say this from experience because I try to do too much and burn myself out with impatience. I didn't gain this weight overnight so I won't lose it that way either. This time, baby steps for a while and then the 5k marathon.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nina! I'm a newbie too so we can all support each other. Feel free to add me :)
  • christineorr1
    christineorr1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new too and I am glad to have found this site/group. We can use all of the support from each other!
  • Hi my name is Sharen,i would like to loose about 56ibs if possible and i would be gratefull to anyone who could become my friend and give me lots of encouragement,i will do the same for you.I am 50 years old and join 3 weeks ago.:smile::smile:
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    This group is growing fast, i am looking forward to helping and being helped thru this weight loss journey, Good luck everyone.
  • crmacgal
    Options
    Hi - I'm new as well....been using MyFitnessPal app since January and it's great, but this is my first step into the message boards. I've lost 21.4lbs since November, but I still have about 60+ to go......I'm excited at the loss, but want to be sure to stay motivated, which is why I'm turning to this group. Help! :tongue:
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome Tina!!
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nina!

I lost 55 lbs previously with WW and then I found this site. I'm just getting back on track again after gaining some of it back. I love MFP, all of the people I have met have been so very supportive and encouraging. Please feel free to add me as a friend and anyone else can add me too!! The more the better, we are all in this together.... :bigsmile: Good luck!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!

Feel free to add me...I will try to be as motivating as I can. I reached my goals by having an awesome support group...just trying to pay it forward now.:smile:
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    Good luck to all of us. This is growing like crazy, I am so glad there are more of us mature,lol women and not just the 20 year olds trying to get fit!!!!!!!!
  • polarbear1972
    polarbear1972 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is wonderful to meet everyone, So far I have been enjoying my experience on MFP. I have met some new people and I am learning so much about myself. Thanks you for all the welcomes and the wonderful support I feel from everyone here, It is so much easier when have someone to take this journey with!
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi All.

I'm Tracey, a forty something mother of 4. I have loads of weight to lose, and seem to be really struggling losing. In the past 20 years I have had numerous medical problems and procedures, plus being put on HRT in my late 20s seemed to have piled the weight on ever since.

I decided last year that enough was enough and set myself a "walk 1million steps" target to try to get out and do something. I succeeded with that at the start of this year.

I have now joined a gym as its too cold to be walking outside too long... and seem to have been bitten by the strength training bug.

I hope I can encourage you all... and receive a little encouragement too.

Good luck to everyone on their journeys
  • Musicalinda
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda. I just joined yesterdat and I have a goal of 80-100 lbs to lose. I'm 48. I know it will be a long journey, but I think I can get there. I would welcome some supportive friends, and will return that friendship and support.
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    GOOD LUCK NEW MEMBERS, THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE, SO MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE.