Uuugghhh colds and they f! up your workout

Options
Hw do you guys stay motivated to exercise when you're sick? Do you just rest and let your body try to heal?
My league will be picking our travel team soon and I need to step it up but there's snot leaking all over, any cold care advice?

Replies

• MerryKhaos
    MerryKhaos Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the "You know your body". There are times when your body is telling you to rest, and other times where you just feel miserable. If you are exhausted and/or running a fever, there is NOTHING shameful about resting.

Remember, even in a high workout routine, rest is JUST as important as running four miles.

If you're just snotty? Go to practice, just try and keep your germs to yourself. I ALWAYS bring a roll of toilet paper with me (to leave with my water bottle for easy nose-blowing access). If i'm congested, I'll wear breathe right strips for about an hour before practice and warm up with it on. I sweat a lot, so they usually don't last DURING a game; even the athletic ones.

TEA!!! Get some natural, loose leaf potent mint and or ginger tea to help clear you up. Also, make sure you're drinking a lot of water. I'm talking about 15 cups a day. FLUSH THAT SUCKER OUT! I'm also a big fan of boosting my zinc and vitamins while I'm sick too. And not just a one dose, remember your body needs a constant flow of vitamins, because we metabolize them.

<3 FEEL BETTER
  • NeysaV
    NeysaV Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about taking time off if you're sick. a lot of people will tell you to "Sweat it out", but it can really do more harm than good. I learnt the hard way, when my cold developed into pneumonia because I wouldn't stop going to the gym, which then meant I couldn't even get out of bed! Just take it easy, drink plenty of water to help your body out, and up your fresh fruit & vegies. The body finds vitamins and minerals from these a lot easier to absorb than the inert form found in vitamin supplements, plus you're getting all the extra antioxidants, fiber, etc, which will all help with fighting that bug!
  • Tubrookulosis
    Options
    thanks guys! im starting to feel muuuccchh better!