Introductions

Options
Hello, I am new to the group. My name is Jocelyn from Orlando, FL. I have exactly 25 lbs. to go for my initial goal anyway. My progress has slowed down a bit so I have stepped it up and completed 30 Day Shred and I am on day 2 of doing it again. Feel free to add me as a friend. I joined this group in hopes of motivation, check on others progress and have questions anwersed that I might have in the future.
Current weight: 170
Goal Weight: 145

Replies

• yaletoon
    Options
    Hello, I have just joined this group because after signing up with MFP two weeks ago all I've accomplished is an awareness that I eat too much & eat the wrong things! Oh well, it's a start, but I really want to lose 25 lbs. I was at my goal weight only 2 years ago & it was great, can't believe I let the weight creep back on! Current weight 180, goal weight 155.
  • Buggie129
    Buggie129 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have lost 39 pounds since last April and found myself stalled. I just turned 50 so this has been tough to say the least! I am an exercise fanatic :bigsmile: but I knew I was sabotaging myself by not eating right. I have lost 3 pounds this week since I started using MFP :bigsmile: . What never seems to amaze me is a REAL portion size! The two biggest things that keep me on track are my HRM and my food scale! I love that you can eat everything - in the right portion :tongue:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

My plan was to lose 20 pounds. It has been very slow going though. Then I decided my goal was a flatter stomach because I have a vacation coming up. So I started working out (from couch potato status prior to this) with Jillian Michaels DVDs. Now I care a lot less about the number on the scale and more about how my body looks. It would be nice to see the scale move down to what my goal was, but my new fitter body may end up being heavier than that number. We'll see.
  • myrnadelpilar
    myrnadelpilar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im new in the group. I joined the group to have support in achieving my goal. Success to all! :smile:

11537534.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Now I care a lot less about the number on the scale and more about how my body looks. It would be nice to see the scale move down to what my goal was, but my new fitter body may end up being heavier than that number. We'll see.

I am right with you! It took me a long time to get to this point. Over the past couple of weeks my weight jumped 5 pounds and I was flipping out. But then I went to a store and bought a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing from the same store. And when I do my 30 Day Shred video, I feel so much stronger. So I am finally a recovering scale-a-holic, not living that number-driven nightmare anymore. I have 13 pounds to go until my goal, but now I wonder if that goal is reasonable? Now I'm just focused on toning my body, losing fat and gaining muscle. I WILL wear a bikini when I go to the Dominican Republic in June! I WILL!!!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I only have 16 days left until my vacation. Plan A is the bikini. Plan B is the tankini top. I'm still shooting for Plan A. I added in 6 Week 6 Pack to 30 Day Shred and am hoping for the best.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been lurking on this group for a while so I thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm Andie and I have 12lbs left to lose. My goal is 133lbs.
    I've lost 55lbs over the course of about 18 months and have dropped 4 dress sizes.
    Good luck to everyone :flowerforyou:
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy. I joined MFP with a few friends in early January but I started working out and counting calories December 1st. I joined the Y (thank you, free daycare) and usually go 6x/week. I still nurse my 18 month old at bedtime and naptime, so I get a few more calories than I would otherwise.

I started at 155 lbs and had the initial goal of 135 lbs. I dropped that to 130 when I hit 136 lbs last week, but body fat % is a bigger deal. My waist and thighs are thicker than I'd like (although I've lost 5 waist inches and 3.5 hip inches) and my strength leaves a lot to be desired. I started attending a weight lifting class when I joined the gym and I love it. I've never lifted weights before, so having instructors helps both my form and my confidence. Hopefully it's also helping me maintain muscle while losing my fat.

I've had MFP set to 1 lb lost per week but today I switched it to 1/2 lb to see whether that seems like a better fit. I use MFP's calorie suggestion as more of an upper limit, with 1200 net daily as a lower limit, so now I feel like I have a wider range that's acceptable. I do pretty well limiting calories unless I'm at a buffet type of situation and then I keep eating and eating. Counting calories has been huge for me, to be accountable for everything I put in my mouth.

I bought a pair of size 6 jeans at LOFT last week and was amazed that they fit. I'm not sure if I've ever been a size 6. I'm usually an 8 but was between a 10/12 most of last year when I decided enough was enough.

Glad to meet you all!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Wow, you have been doing a great job!