Yoga X...Everyone seems to hate it, but........

Options
2»

Replies

• RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been going to some local yoga classes since doing it thro P90X. Find the classes slower which I think is better but got really into it now :)
  • fitwithfood
    Options
    The first time I did Yoga X, I hated it and it was too long. I skipped it the next week. Then the following week, I thought to myself how important flexibility and strength is so when I did Yoga X again, I did it with a decluttered and patient mindset. I made sure that I wouldn't have any distractions and that I just focused on the session.. that time, I loved it! It changed the way I viewed Yoga X. The second time I took Yoga X seriously, I could already feel how strong I've gotten. You really need to clear your mind and the things prior to the session and after.

Try Yoga X with a clear, decluttered, and patient mindset. Think of it as an hour and a half to focus soley on yourself. You'll appreciate it more and realize how vital it is! Good luck!
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    I love yoga x!
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you wish for! I started X2 on Xmas Day (get it?) and I am digging the whole thing except the "new" Yoga X2. Tony took what is basically regular YogaX and cut it from 90 to 60 minutes. But it's still kinda the same but VERY fast. The thing I enjoy most about YogaX is that I can "zone out", just listen to the instruction and keep doing the vinyasas and just feel every muscle working. But with X2, it goes so quickly you really have to concentrate and feel like you're a half-step behind all the time. It is not relaxing at all. And, very uncharacteristically, Tony does not describe every movement. Things get quiet and you look up from the floor and see that they've already gone to Warrior One while you're still in Downward Dog and weren't prompted. So I'm doing X2 Phase2 right now, but when yoga day comes along - I put regular P90X Yoga X in and invest the 90 minutes.

^^^^^^
    This. It went too fast. So yogaX was what I fell back to. I found that when starting out(after not doing p90x/p90x2 for awhile) that doing yoga x was hard. But as the weeks went by i just flowed with the program. And I like the ohms...feel it deep in my chest and back.