Week 5 results

Options
sonyachan
sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
I gained a pound this week. I'm thinking it's because I'm building muscle with my new routine. Haven't done any different with calories. Still exercising 6 days a week, 3 running, 3 circuit. Still doing the green smoothies. Trying to add more clean foods in my diet. So I'm sure I will see a loss next week. :)

Replies

• kelseyessex
    Options
    Hey sonya....did you measure yourself too? I think you are correct because it you are building muscle on top of your fat it is probably 1lb of muscle and hopefully by next week that amazing extra 1lb of muscle will hopefully have burnt off some lbs of fat you don't need.

Our bodies are like machines. They need an energy source so they can work efficiently, but take a car for instance - if you have a petrol car and put diesel in it, sooner or later its going to break and you will need to fix it. Our bodies are the same if we put junk in them they will soon start to tirer out and gain fat, as soon as we start putting clean fresh food into them they perk up and have lots more energy. We want energy so we can do the best things in life right?

I want energy to do my favourite things:-

Chat to friends
    Exercise
    Go shopping
    Read books
    Watch movies
    Kiss ;)
    Dance

What are you favourite things you use your energy for??
  • sonyachan
    Options
    I need energy to take care of son, cook, clean, work (including deliver babies), hang out with my boyfriend, shop, be a good friend, etc, etc, etc! :)
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.2 lbs.... not as much as expected. Anyhow, it is in the right direction.
    Just finished a 7.61 K run.... feels good
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.2lbs. Not to worried about the small loss as any loss is got. What i'm happy about is the inch loss, 3" in chest, waist , hips. 1" off my thighs and 0.8" off my calfs
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I lost 0.2lbs. Not to worried about the small loss as any loss is got. What i'm happy about is the inch loss, 3" in chest, waist , hips. 1" off my thighs and 0.8" off my calfs
    That's great! Inch loss is more important than what you weigh. Do you know, I didn't think to measure my calfs! I'll have to do that!
  • sonyachan
    Options
    So you encouraged me to do measurements and I am definitely seeing big changes! Here is starting measurements and where I am now:

Biceps:12.75 - 12.5
    chest: 41 - 39
    Waist: 40.5 - 39.5
    Hips: 46.5 - 44
    Thigh: 26 - 24.5

Makes me feel better about gaining weight. :)
  • Riekena79
    Options
    Do you know in my Fitness Challenge class, half of the class has gained weight during weeks of the challenge due to converting fat to muscle....I really am trying to keep up with my weight loss through this journey and it is a journey.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Did pretty good! I lost 1.4 lbs!