Anti Gun Pro Gunner? What do YOU do?

Options
We saw one when we first started this group, and some of his comments are left over in the Assaulting Assault Weaponry thread, so, just wondering, what does everyone else do when they meet someone that claims to be pro-gun, yet seems to agree with quite a few things that would indicate they aren't so much pro-gun, as pro-hunting?

I personally tend to ignore them, because I don't feel like arguing with people such as them, never seems worth it.

Replies

• swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I consider them false flag operatives.

I also ignore them.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think they really have no idea what the Constitution is or how it works.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    These types are selfish plain and simple.

As long as they get to keep their sport/hobby they don't care who else gets hurt.
  • Aleciajones
    Aleciajones Posts: 153
    Options
    Usually talk to them about it. Example, the question of NEED. First it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I have a hard time shooting a shotgun for example, the recoil is rough so I prefer a different type. I feel more confident should I HAVE to use it and I just enjoy practicing which I would not if I had a shotgun and pistol gets old. Variety is the spice of life.
    Also there aree a lot of things in life we don't NEED depending on who is deciding true need. Do we need to own a house? Do we need to get married? Some people have emotional or psychological needs, a person may truly believe they need these weapons to potentially defend their family and it's just as valid as any other reason. Can they defend them with a shotgun, yep but they may not feel they've taken enough precautions...like locking the front door but not the back (figuratively speaking).
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    People who think a ranch rifle(ranchand 223) is different than a ar15 do not deserve any of my thought cycles on the matter.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I typically will sit back and listen to them, if they aren't ranting about things. The biggest point I hear in my circle of friends or acquaintances is "what if the gun you are carrying accidentally goes off?"

This is where I will take some inert object like my inhaler or other object and lay it on the table and explain that
    1. There are no accidental discharges, only negligent
    2. My gun has as much chance of 'going off' as this inhaler or other object.

Sometimes they actually get the point. Not often.