Your favorite meal at the moment

Options
BRFMcKay
BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
So, tell me what you are eating a lot of right now?

I am consuming hummus like its my job, but one thing I just can't get enough of is mashed potatoes with crispy kale!
I add a bit of chickpeas to the mash so I am getting protein and I crisp the kale nicely in a pan and then mix it all together. YUM! I wish I had some right now!

Replies

• LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    Pretty much everything I eat involves mass amounts of lemon; I actually just made my new favorite meal this evening! Coconut ceviche! I could've eaten a gallon of that stuff, I swear.
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    I just found this recipe for a lentil loaf - rice, lentils, onion, garlic, bbq sauce. It gets crunchy on top and is sooooo delicious. not to mention it has a boat load of protien!
  • brandipachter
    Options
    One of my favorite meals right now is a pita w/ spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and chunks of sausage links. You can also put a couple chunks of mozzarella or soy cheese alternative if you want.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This all sounds so good! Recipes or links please! (esp for the lentil loaf! Haven't found a good recipe yet)
    I've made sweet potato black bean enchiladas 3 times in the last couple of month. Delish! Easy to make vegan and not nearly as time consuming as they look. http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11841?section= I advise doubleing the sauce recipe and letting it simmer for a couple of hours to thicken up and meld the flavors.
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For mine, just make traditional mashed potatoes (or get a bag of steam and mash.) add a bit of soy milk and Earth Balance. Maybe mash chickpeas beforehand (with a potato masher.) Meanwhile, add washed kale to a bit of heated olive oil. Let it crisp for about 5 minutes (it doesn't wilt like spinach.) Add to mashed potatoes and stir!
  • egelderm
    Options
    I love mixing quinoa with sun-dried tomatoes, white onions and spicy spices! and wrapping it up in lettuce leaves with fresh raw orange peppers and greek yogurt!!!! SOOO YUMMY!!!! :)
  • Laurelswreath
    Laurelswreath Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My Father made me a big batch of quinoa today. I had a cup for lunch and I added salsa and hot sauce. Any other quinoa recipes are much appreciated as I have quite a batch. TIA.

Lori
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Favorite breakfast at the moment!!! Soy coconut yogurt with honey crunch wheat germ?! It's like coconut cream pie for breakfast :0)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I haven't made this in a while, but I think I may have to soon: gluten free tortilla wrap, quinoa, lentils, onions, mustard, Daiya cheddar. If I have other veggies on hand that sound good (tomatoes, peppers, peas) I throw those in too.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Channa Masala has been my fav. meal for about 2 years now. I make it myself.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i eat a LOT of tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and spinach salad. i actually cut up and place everything but the spinach in a container. when i'm ready to eat i load it on top of the spinach. this is something i've been eating since i was a kid and i still can't seem to get enough of it.

also lima beans and grapefuit. no not together :)
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Adzuki beans and I love them! I'm sure I had been eating them before when I eat Asian food but I didn't know what it was. Usually in Asian food its just called black beans but it was never like any black beans I'm used to. Turns out it was Adzuki beans all along! They are small, black, and sweet tasting.
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    Do you have a recipe to share? I think I inherited a gene that makes it impossible for me to prepare a good channa masala.
  • jaimemariel
    Options

Do you have a recipie to share? I think I inherited a gene that makes it impossible for me to prepare a good chana massala.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Do you have a recipie to share? I think I inherited a gene that makes it impossible for me to prepare a good chana massala.

I pretty much make it exactly like smittenkitchen. Google smittenkitchen channa masala and you'll find the recipe. I used to use all the spices she used but then I found a bag of indian spices (says Garam Masala Powder on the front) in the Indian section of Meijer's grocery store and now I just use that. The bag of spices is huge and only cost me about $3. I also think it's important to use a lot of lemon at the end - I like it really sour. Also, I use way more than a clove of garlic. I love garlic. I make it a lot because it can make a huge pot for under $5.
  • thinbalance
    thinbalance Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't get enought of my green smoothies. My favorite at the moment is simple: cucumber, watermelon and ice.
  • DrScrappy
    DrScrappy Posts: 48
    Options
    Currently, dried seaweed. Why? Because I like the taste and it is the one little snack I can totally indulge in without sending my calorie intake through the roof. It's like a little trick for my mind. Sometimes (before I committed to lose weight), I would binge (just eat large quantities of things like a whole pack of cookies) eat whenever I get busy working. It was always hard for me to stop eating before the package was empty. Now, I can eat a whole package - of seaweed. No worries :-)
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love tofu with soy sauce and sesame :) yummm
    and also oatmel cooked in soy milk with a tsp of cinnamon
  • humblebumblebee
    Options
    my moms vegan chilli. No idea how she makes it though.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My fave meal at the moment is steamed brussels greens or steamed whole collard leaves used as wraps and stuffed with fresh alfalfa sprouts, red bell pepper, shredded lettuce and carrots, and cucumbers. I put a spicy peanut sauce on top, it is very fresh, wholesome, packed with nutrition, and filling!