Leg workouts are working

Options
bahacca
bahacca Posts: 878 Member
My thighs have each grown 2 inches since Jan 16. Guess those muscle fibers are remembering my college days when I danced about 2 hours a day and lifted 5x a week. Now hopefully my butt remembers what it looked like way back when !LOL

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Nice. I wish I had thought to measure my thighs back in the beginning of January. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a month. I am up about a pound on the scale, but the measurements I do have are the same (chest, waist, hips). My pants don't feel tighter, but my legs feel firmer. I think things are moving in the right direction.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    2" in 3 weeks I don't think is physically possible sorry. Even with noob gains/muscle memory (and especially for women). I think it must be measured at a slightly different spot on the thigh.

Good that you are taking measurements though :)
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I measured at the biggest point on my thigh, so unless that spot has migrated, it is what it is. Maybe I'll be able to tell with pictures in a week or so?? I thought it was odd and remeasured. Maybe I mismeasured the first time or something.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not trying to bring you down or anything as it's great to see you a) doing strength training & b) measuring progress.

Just as an example, I've gone from 55cm 21.6" to 57.5cm 22.6" in a year. That has also increased squat from 120kg to 150kg & deadlift from 155kg to 185kg.