Success Stories

Options
Please add your success stories here, it doesn't have to be a NSV. much love and success to you all. let's do this.

Replies

• letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    I am no way close to my goal, I do have 100+ more to go. but I do want to say and encourage everyone, you can do this. For those of you that don't know my story. in Nov. 2011 I wasn't able to walk not even 10mins. to be more specific not even to my mailbox without having leg cramps and out of breathe. I couldn't drive without being scared of crashing because those charlie horse feelings would scare me to death. what would happen if my leg goes into a strong charlie horse while i was driving was my biggest fear.

so in Nov. 29th I had gone to the doctor, I was telling him about the cramps and how my back had gone out a few days ago for no apparent reason. he laughed very loud and told me, yeah you probably broke a disc in your back with all that weight you are carrying. don't be shocked if your back went out. then he got serious told me that I really had to lose the weight. (it didn't offend me or hurt my feelings, I knew he was being honest and telling me the truth) and of course I trust my doctor.

He sent me home with some pills to treat cramps (pills to help people with MS) and i came home and started analyzing what I was doing to myself. my weight was 253.3lbs and i'm only 5'1.

I started with baby steps, would walk for only 10mins, then 15, then 20mins etc. and guess what!!!! I just finished doing walk away the pounds(5 miles) workout wooo hoooo.(that's not even counting the 2miles i did outside this morning so a total of 7miles today) now that's victory right there. so if i can do it, so can you. keep focus and take baby steps, never think you are not making progress, keep your eyes on the finish line of good health. remember this is not a diet this is a healthy lifestyle so we can live our lives more healthier and happier. May you all have success and change your mind set, from "i am going to try, or I think I can do it" to "I will make this happen", I will Succeed!!" thank you for reading, and hope you can find it encouraging and giving you hope.

~~~~Nellie~~~~~
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am no way close to my goal, I do have 100+ more to go. but I do want to say and encourage everyone, you can do this. For those of you that don't know my story. in Nov. 2011 I wasn't able to walk not even 10mins. to be more specific not even to my mailbox without having leg cramps and out of breathe. I couldn't drive without being scared of crashing because those charlie horse feelings would scare me to death. what would happen if my leg goes into a strong charlie horse while i was driving was my biggest fear.

so in Nov. 29th I had gone to the doctor, I was telling him about the cramps and how my back had gone out a few days ago for no apparent reason. he laughed very loud and told me, yeah you probably broke a disc in your back with all that weight you are carrying. don't be shocked if your back went out. then he got serious told me that I really had to lose the weight. (it didn't offend me or hurt my feelings, I knew he was being honest and telling me the truth) and of course I trust my doctor.

He sent me home with some pills to treat cramps (pills to help people with MS) and i came home and started analyzing what I was doing to myself. my weight was 253.3lbs and i'm only 5'1.

I started with baby steps, would walk for only 10mins, then 15, then 20mins etc. and guess what!!!! I just finished doing walk away the pounds(5 miles) workout wooo hoooo.(that's not even counting the 2miles i did outside this morning so a total of 7miles today) now that's victory right there. so if i can do it, so can you. keep focus and take baby steps, never think you are not making progress, keep your eyes on the finish line of good health. remember this is not a diet this is a healthy lifestyle so we can live our lives more healthier and happier. May you all have success and change your mind set, from "i am going to try, or I think I can do it" to "I will make this happen", I will Succeed!!" thank you for reading, and hope you can find it encouraging and giving you hope.

~~~~Nellie~~~~~

Great start Nellie! I started at 260 and am down 10 pounds since giving up soda on March 1st and then starting here a few weeks later. Now I've added that Fit Bit as one more tool in my "live life right" arsenal. I can't wait to meet the new me. :-) I'm hoping she's around by my 40th birthday next summer. :-)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I can see plainly that you feel you have a whole new lease on life, especially in the energy department.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    yes a new energy and feels good
  • fltwins918
    fltwins918 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am down 10lbs since getting my FB May 3rd! I love this thing! Have about 25lbs to go to get to goal weight.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    great job, keep it going
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to get it. I ride the stationary bike does it track that too?
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    hi Tracey i'm glad you ordered yours, to my understanding it does not track stationary bikes correctly. i'm not sure through experiences. but i have read that no it doesn't
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Can some please fill me in on what NSV is? I see it a lot on MFP.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Can some please fill me in on what NSV is? I see it a lot on MFP.

NON SCALE VICTORY :) Little happy things and benefits we experience as the pounds start melting off and get healthier!