Level 3

Options
rjt1000
rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
Level 2 is crushing me with all the planks and pushup stuff so I took a look at L3. Did it this morning without using weights. It's harder on the cardio but I thought it was easier than L2 over all. Tomorrow I do it with weights but I'm going to start with light weights. I've been using 5 pounds with L1 and L2 but will start L3 with just 1 pound each hand. If I find that's not too rough, I'll bump up to three pounds.

I can't do all the moves but can do most. The jumping moves are a little rough. Never going to be doing the "rockstar jumps". And the jumping squat things will be done modified. I substitute jumping jacks or punches for the rockstars. And I do the easy jump rope not the double jumps. My body is just at that age where jumping too much just doesn't work. All the cartilage is gone so no shock absorbing left.

I'm going to do L1 again while watching the superbowl. I've got it pretty well memorized and can time myself easily enough. Need to burn off the lousy diet choices I've already made today. I'm really going to try to get back on smart eating tomorrow. Iv'e done horribly the past week. And only mediocre the past few weeks. If I get the eating back to healthy and keep up the 30DS, I can hit my target weight of 160 in the next month.

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    are the "jumping squat things" burpees?! you have made me curious. i will have to modify a bit level 2 and 3 since my knees are not the greatest in the world. ive heard 3 is overall a little easier though..
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Jumping squats, do a regular squat and then jump as you stand up straight again. And the jumping lunges. Go down into one of the lunges, 1 foot forward, 1 back and then jump and switch them. Not going to happen for me. Regular lunges and regular squats will just have to do.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started L3 today after 8 days at L2 and 3 rest days - L3 is so much easier/nicer/more doable! apart from rock star jumps maybe lol!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have heard level 3 is a bit easier except for a couple moves. I'm on day 4 of level 2 so I still have another week before I move on. Will be so proud to say I ACTUALLY did 30DS this time!
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 2 and I have to be honest I was scared to try level 3 I thought it would be harder.. after reading this posting I will try level 3 tonight then

Thanks for the information
  • slimmerchick
    Options
    I love level 3 although I'm not managing to do it daily but that's circumstance
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Started L3-D19 today cuz I missed last night and I hate L2!! But I will do L2 my last day..

exercise.png
  • angie_04
    Options
    L3-D20 completed:drinker:

exercise.png
  • rjt1000
    Options
    I love level 3 although I'm not managing to do it daily but that's circumstance

i'm enjoying it more than L2. But I have no clue what day i'm on...
  • slimmerchick
    Options
    I did my 4th workout at Level 3 today but it's been about a week since I started - had a NSV today - I managed to do the walking push ups properly - both sets! I could never manage any of the push ups properly before!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    not finding level 3 too bad (kinda). It is pretty tough on the cardio and the jumping lunges are a bit scary. Proud of how I'm doing so far!

Well done everyone for sticking through this far :)
  • Elliemom09
    Elliemom09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Completed L3D1!! Hoping those jumps get easier - Overall, i think level 3 is by far my favorite....CRAZY!
  • angie_04
    Options
    If I had not stopped, I would almost be done...I think I will finish the last 10 days starting on Sun. I just needed a break from it...For myself, I don't think it's ment to do everyday...I got pretty far but had to slack off...So I will not be finishing with everyone else, but I will do the last 10 days...Proud of all u ladies...:flowerforyou: