Weight gain?! And diet question

Options
Im doing day 5 after this post but wanted to see if anyone else gained weight since starting. I know it's a mix of muscle mass and/or water retention but still disappointing to look at that scale :(

Also, have any of you changed your diet? Like giving up carbs/sugar? Are you eating up to your recommended calories or less or more??

Thanks!

Replies

• Astrowife68
    Options
    Luckily, my weight is going down a little at a time, but I have not changed anything in my diet, except eat less. :smile:

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything in my diet really, but I am eating MUCH healthier! I have had a two meals since we started this 30DS that were probably bad for me, but I logged them and moved on. They only put me about 200 or so calories above my goal, so I wasn't worried. I have been making sure to get lots of fresh veggies and fruit in my diet and try not to eat too many carbs or too much sodium... but I focus mainly on calories.

Drinking enough water every day is very important - I make sure I get at least 6 cups of water a day, but I aim for more. My minimum is 6.

You have to eat enough, too. Hopefully you are not eating less than 1200 calories.

Your menstral cycle can cause issues too, so that is something to think about.

Best of luck to you - don't lose motivation! We are here with you and we are doing this everyday too! Rely on us if you need an extra push! :)
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    On day 5 (which was this day last week for me) I had gained 2lbs.

By Monday (which was day 6, I didn't do it at the weekend) I had lost 3.5lbs.

It's water retention. Ignore it, you will lose it without trying.

It is annoying though. And no, I haven't changed my diet. I stay within my calories.
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    My weight is going up again since starting level 2.

There is nothing more soul-destroying than counting calories for 45 days in a row now, exercising every single day and my weight is going up. Why am I bothering?

:mad: :cry:
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My weight is going up again since starting level 2.

There is nothing more soul-destroying than counting calories for 45 days in a row now, exercising every single day and my weight is going up. Why am I bothering?

:mad: :cry:

Encouragement!! I always tell myself that even if I'm fat as a whale, I'm getting strong enough to beat somebody up. Somehow that makes me feel better. And you've lost 23 pounds--that's incredible!! You can keep going!
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I deal with the same last week when I saw I had gained 4 lbs I wanted to cry :sad: just posted this morning on another thread about this but I am losing inches..Then yesterday it showed a 2 lb loss in the 4 I gained so idk what is going on..Lets hang in there tho! Stronger and more compact has to be better than weak and flabby. :wink: Once this is over I am going back to my 4-5 days a week so I can give my body some rest days.
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    Thanks ladies.

It's a combination of doing circuit training and my new contraceptive I think. Going to try change back to my old one.

Day 4 level 2done anyway :) and it's getting easier.