What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Options
Symphony2
Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
Oh, we're so quick to castigate ourselves and feel guilt and disappointment and worthlessness - and often over the slightiest and most human of 'normal' behaviour ... and we don't spend half enough time turning all the negatives into positives ... so ...

What are you proud of today?

I'm feeling really good about myself because yesterday, after quite a few days' of wayward calories, I got my act together (thanks to support from here, too!) and had a great nutritional day and came in under my calorie goal - Whoopee!!

This morning I'm feeling motivated and buzzing - probably after yesterday's nutrition!

I went out yesterday on a test run for my knees (first one in two weeks) and I'm really proud of myself for sticking exactly to such a deadly boring plan .... it'll be worth it in the end!

All my kids are happy, went to bed happy and have gone to school happy this morning and that is ALWAYS something to be proud of!

Your turn!!

Replies

• Cas71
    Cas71 Posts: 3
    Options
    Even with having a hectic day... every day... I am really proud of my self because I have been sticking to the healthy eating and doing my best to fit in some exercise each day... :smile:

It feels good to make myself a priority for a change... as normally it is my family and my students that I always put first...
  • Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yay! Cas, that's brilliant - I think the 'putting everybody else first' story is very familiar to so many people here (me included). Here's to making time for US!! Have a great day and well done on getting that nutrition right. Stick with it. xxx
  • ellie140
    ellie140 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda(?)Symphony and Cas, I have read your posts and I am proud of both of you! juggling family,work,correct food(oops I nearly said diet)and a tiring exercise program is so tricky and you are both doing well :) Congratulations! you are stars!
    and both of you so supportive of others too,I'm particularly impressed with that !Go Girls! xx
  • greenthumb_89
    Options
    I'm proud of myself because yesterday I really really felt like a Grand Angus burger from McDonalds and was about to drive through but forced myself to drive past! So proud!
  • margaretev
    margaretev Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself for never giving up. Even though I have not followed any program (though always having 12wbt in the back of my mind) for 5 months, I wo-manned up, got on the scales, and have come here to get my tracking back on track. Its early days and I still have to set up my food but I will get there.

My living arrangements at the moment are not ideal (my family and I are very gratefully being put up in a friends home whilst we get ourselves back on our feet) but I am not letting that be an excuse anymore. I can and will make better choices, irrespective of my personal situation.

Whew. That was tough but very cool saying that out loud...

M x
  • muttley27
    muttley27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself cause last night after dropping my partner home i didnt drive into the 24hr servo and buy bad stuff :)
  • MrsDougy1
    MrsDougy1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi all,

Some good "proud moments" there.
    Today I am proud that, after realizing that my treadmill is broken, and the fact that its 10*c and wet, I made no excuses and went to the gym and did the workout there that I was going to do at home. Even though I didnt want to go to the gym ( sometimes I dont feel welcome by other members), I went, did what I had to do, and left. Feel so much better now for doing so :smile:
    We are always our own harshest critics, its nice to celebrate even the smallest wins
  • margaretev
    margaretev Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go guys - they are both awesome things to be proud of..

I am proud that it is 3:54 on day 1 and I am still on track! I am celebrating the small stuff :)
  • freshbread
    freshbread Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All of these are awesome.

I am happy that I was able to run 22 minutes this morning, outside, in the cold and in the dark. And I loved watching the sun come up. I also loved coming home after a long day at work, 'dealing with 2 kids' and knowing that I had already exercised and didn't need to find an excuse not to!