Monday check in

Options
I hope everyone had a nice weekend! The board has been quiet! Where is everyone? I had a bad weekend. I cheated and had a cadbury cream egg on Saturday and two slices of pizza last evening. It was sooooo good! Friday night my youngest son (he is 12 and a state ranked wrestler) took a bad fall at a wrestling match. They thought he broke his wrist. The sectionals to go to the state tournament is next Saturday and he has a very good chance of going to states. It was so nerve racking! Thankfully, it was just a bad bruise and not break! I think the combination of the stress from worrying about him and this new medication that I am taking (causes drowsiness and dizziness) made me crave chocolate! LOL I didn't weigh in this morning because I didn't want to discourage myself. I am back on track this morning and plan to put in an extra exercise this afternoon.

So far today,

My breakfast: 1 cup of hot green tea, 1 4oz container of Dannon Light Strawberry yogurt, 2 hard boiled egg whites.

Not sure what lunch will be yet. I am at work and Monday's are out to eat days. We are suppose to go to a mexican restaurant. I am sure I can find something sensible on the menu. If not, I will grab some turkey breast and veggies from the fridge here.

Dinner is going to be: 1 lean turkey breast marinated in lemon pepper, a bit of brown rice, and some fresh steamed green beans.

I will likely grab an Akin's shake for a quick snack after work.

Hope this finds everyone well! Did anyone watch the superbowl? I am a huge Giants fan. I grew up watching the Giants play as my Dad is a huge fan as well. My Mom lives in Foxboro, MA. where Gillette stadium is so I have become a fan of the Patriot's as well. I was very happy to see both teams go to the Superbowl. Although, I was cheering for the Giants, it was an excellent game and both teams did very well. Soooo close!

Replies

• aprilh123
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad weekend but it doesn't sound quite as bad as mine. I did not do well at all. I am back on track today. I have terrible allergies and had an awful attack on Sunday then followed it up with a major headache yesterday. What I ate was the last thought from my mind. I just wanted to feel better. I know this is not the way to handle things but I did try to restrict some things. For instance lunch Sunday could have been a burger and fries but it was a salad from Wendy's. I am trying to make the better choice. Back to it today.

I did not watch the superbowl completley but did catch the half time show and some of the commercials. My son plays baseball with a traveling team so we were at the ballfield all day on Sunday. We had a lot to do after we got home.

One of my friends text me this morning and asked if I saw Dr. Oz yesterday. She said the show was about how to loose weight for your body shape. I gotta get online this morning and check it out to see what it was about. She seemed to think it was all pretty positive.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • mommyof4inny
    Options
    Wow, sorry to hear about your allergies. I had another slip up today and at a Take 5 bar. Not sure why I am craving chocolate this week. I need to find the strength not to give into these cravings. I did so well for a month and now I am crashing. I am getting offline to put in a little exercise before dinner. I am running out in a bit to take my daughter to her swim class and then dance lesson. Life is one big blur (busy) with four kids but I love it!