Week 6 Mini Goals

Options
Kekibird
Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
Here we go! Week 6 goals can be posted here.

Remember, weight loss isn't just about numbers, it's also about feeding your body right and taking good care of your mind too. So fit your goals to your physical, mental and emotional needs.

Replies

• Kekibird
    Options
    My goals this week:

1. Drink my hot lemon water every morning.

2. Make sure to spend quality time with the family each day.

My weight gain was highly emotional so as I lose, I find myself struggling emotionally at each level. Hit another rough spot this weekend and binged like crazy. It was not great and I know it. So I'm working on balancing my time between my routine, my time with my son and the time I spend building my relationships.

As I work longer and harder towards my fitness/health goals, I worry I'm taking away time from my son and it becomes an ugly cycle of feeling like a bad mom and then undoing all the good I do in my workouts. So I'm focusing on making sure we have "quality" time each day. And by quality, doing something just for us with the phone off, no TV and no computer. Playing, building Legos, coloring, reading just something for the two of us, no matter how tired and sweaty I am after the gym.

Good luck this week!
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My goals this week:

1. Drink my hot lemon water every morning.

2. Make sure to spend quality time with the family each day.

My weight gain was highly emotional so as I lose, I find myself struggling emotionally at each level. Hit another rough spot this weekend and binged like crazy. It was not great and I know it. So I'm working on balancing my time between my routine, my time with my son and the time I spend building my relationships.

As I work longer and harder towards my fitness/health goals, I worry I'm taking away time from my son and it becomes an ugly cycle of feeling like a bad mom and then undoing all the good I do in my workouts. So I'm focusing on making sure we have "quality" time each day. And by quality, doing something just for us with the phone off, no TV and no computer. Playing, building Legos, coloring, reading just something for the two of us, no matter how tired and sweaty I am after the gym.

Good luck this week!
    You have great insight on how you look at things. May I suggest you look at all the wonderful time you spend with you son. He is very blessed to have a mom like you, who tends to his every need. In order to do this, you have to take the time to have balance for yourself. Working out is an outlet for you own sanity and well being. You are a better mom and person for doing this for yourself. Try to see this time of workouts as a positive for you and your son. As you continue to lose and feel connected with the beautiful person that you are, you will have more energy to take care of your little one. This is also a great opportunity to share how important it is to your little one that mom needs time to "take care of herself", he loves you and will give you this time.
    Wishing you the best! Have a blessed week :flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Week 6 Woohoo!!!!
    Another week of opportunity to make this the best week ever!! I am riding high from the race yesterday. I read an article on how important it is to recover from a 1/2 marathon, how important it is to give my legs, body rest. So this is my mini goal this week:
    1. Drink my water
    2. Swim laps at LA Fitness - Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
    3. Massage on Tuesday - A reward for my run!!
    Enjoy the Week, see you all on Friday :flowerforyou:
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    I am stuck in a plateau, and I certainly am going to give the scale a rest.

My goals

Water
    Exercise
    Diet
  • heatherlsi
    heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I really like this groups approach, setting mini goals each week. Can I join in?
    I have been on a plateu for about 5 weeks... it's getting really hard emotionally...

My goals this week...

1. 1400 calories a day
    2. Complete all of my scheduled workouts
    3. NO sweets or trigger foods!
    4. Be under 200 pounds (finally) by next Monday
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    I am stuck in a plateau, and I certainly am going to give the scale a rest.

My goals

Water
    Exercise
    Diet
    Hang in there my friend :flowerforyou: one day at a time, what ever you do keep focused on your water, exercise and food intake. Journal your trial above, it helps to write your feeling down, you may surprise yourself with added wisdom to use for the day! Cheering you on to weight loss :drinker:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    I really like this groups approach, setting mini goals each week. Can I join in?
    I have been on a plateu for about 5 weeks... it's getting really hard emotionally...

My goals this week...

1. 1400 calories a day
    2. Complete all of my scheduled workouts
    3. NO sweets or trigger foods!
    4. Be under 200 pounds (finally) by next Monday
    Welcome :drinker: :heart
    this method is to focus on a little action for the day/week to make the big goal long term. Sometimes it is just what we can handle. Feel free to join in our discussions. Monday, Kekibird will post a mini goal for all to respond to; Friday is our accountability day of your progress. You can weigh in on the day your most comfortable with or do it on Friday. We are here to support you and your journey. Enjoy the Day! :flowerforyou:
  • ngottstein
    Options
    Feeling pretty good lately - energy is up!

My goals: Eat fish twice this week
    Drink 9 cups of water daily
  • jesslee0118
    Options
    Hello, so I am super new to all this but was looking for a group that did weekly weigh-ins. Hoping some accountability might lead to some motivation!!!

A day late but my goal for this week is:
    -Drink water!! Good lord I don't think I have had a glass of water for about 4 months, thats weird right! But I need to cut out the juice or soda and start drink water!!!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Hello, so I am super new to all this but was looking for a group that did weekly weigh-ins. Hoping some accountability might lead to some motivation!!!

-Drink water!! Good lord I don't think I have had a glass of water for about 4 months, thats weird right! But I need to cut out the juice or soda and start drink water!!!

Hey Jess, welcome to the group!
  • ocrunner11
    Options

As Kekibird says "Welcome!!! Glad to have you join us". We have two days that we encourage each team member to be stay focused. Monday- Kekibird will list a week Mini Goal to help you with your overall goal. Friday is our weigh in day, if you have another day that you weigh in that is good too, just check in with us on Friday so we can help motivate and encourage your journey. Glad to have you join our In It to Win It 2012 Team :smile:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Feeling pretty good lately - energy is up!

My goals: Eat fish twice this week
    Drink 9 cups of water daily
    Fish is good and so is the Water!!! Go for it!:flowerforyou:
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Wednesday. Better late than never? My goal for TODAY is to go without coke zero (Yikes!!!). We shall see how it goes and then I'll aim for tomorrow...
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Well, it's Wednesday. Better late than never? My goal for TODAY is to go without coke zero (Yikes!!!). We shall see how it goes and then I'll aim for tomorrow...
    A little "fast" is a good thing. One day at a time. Saying a prayer to help you through it! Blessing to you!:flowerforyou:
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A little "fast" is a good thing. One day at a time. Saying a prayer to help you through it! Blessing to you!:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the prayers! I got through yesterday (even had to eat fast foor for dinner and got a water!). Today, I'm not missing it as bad. I'm hoping after a few days, it won't be an issue. I keep telling myself how much money I'll save!
  • Kekibird
    Options

Thanks for the prayers! I got through yesterday (even had to eat fast foor for dinner and got a water!). Today, I'm not missing it as bad. I'm hoping after a few days, it won't be an issue. I keep telling myself how much money I'll save!

Hang in there. Good days will come and then there can be a bad day here and there but in the end it's worth it! And then maybe you'll be able to just have a sip once in a while. :drinker:
  • apirotte
    Options
    It was a good week for me. I weighed in at 142 lbs. this morning, down 6 lbs in 6 weeks. If I stay steady and lose 1 lb a week, I will reach my goal weight by my 50th birthday, in 18 more weeks. Hopefully, by losing the weight slowly, it will be easier to keep it off. I've probably lost more inches than pounds, tho. My clothes are fitting so much better! I may have to get a whole new wardrobe once I hit my goal weight! My goals for this upcoming week are to get to the gym everyday for, at least, a 15-20 workout, and eat more salads. Has anybody tried those Vitalicious Brownies or Muffin Tops yet? OH YUM!!! I highly recommend them!
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    It was a good week for me. I weighed in at 142 lbs. this morning, down 6 lbs in 6 weeks. If I stay steady and lose 1 lb a week, I will reach my goal weight by my 50th birthday, in 18 more weeks. Hopefully, by losing the weight slowly, it will be easier to keep it off. I've probably lost more inches than pounds, tho. My clothes are fitting so much better! I may have to get a whole new wardrobe once I hit my goal weight! My goals for this upcoming week are to get to the gym everyday for, at least, a 15-20 workout, and eat more salads. Has anybody tried those Vitalicious Brownies or Muffin Tops yet? OH YUM!!! I highly recommend them!
    Sharing your JOY!!!:flowerforyou: How wonderful to see your progress, keep it up and keep us posted!:heart: