Doing NRoLFW with a C25K program

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
After four LONG weeks my book finally arrived. Which means I can start next week. YAY!

I have however, just started a C25K program. I have discovered an aboustle love of running. It makes me high. Am I OK to do this running with NRoLFW? I'm not doing either more than three days per week (if that for lifting, depends on my scheduele) Other days I just do a 30 minute walk or play softball.

Replies

• kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!! Think it can be a great combination as long as you are not overdoing it on the running which it sounds like you're not. Good for you! Love how I feel after running. Great for you for starting a running program!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    As long as you get at least a little rest in during the week, you should be just fine. Most of us alternate some kind of cardio or running on non-lifting days. You might be more tired for your runs at first, but as you get stronger that should change. I found that since starting this program my running form has improved because my legs are stronger. Just listen to your body, make sure you get a good, healthy diet and you should have no problems. If for some reason it does turn out to be too much, you can always lift 2 days a week instead of 3.
  • cowgrl84
    cowgrl84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm actually trying to do the same thing. I'm about to start week 4 of couch to 5k, and just started lifting again. Right now I'm not even making myself be on a set schedule. I haven't lifted in forever, so I've been pretty sore starting out which makes it difficult to run 3 times a week. I'm just taking it easy as I get started doing both. Let me know how it goes for you, and I'll keep you updated on my progress!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I just started a 10k program and wondered the same thing. I will see how I can get the programs to work together and get some rest. Thanks!