New to this group

Options
bugtrain
bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
Hello everyone! My name is Kim and I just joined this group today! I've been at MFP for close to a month now.I started off doing the Induction phase on Atkins and did well for about 3 weeks....lost 7lbs.....gained back 3lbs......this was fine,but I started feeling bloated and was either constantly going to the bathroom or not going at all.........I got off Atkins and am still off as of today,but I want to get back to it.Someone suggested Metamucil to help with my bathroom problems......has anyone else went through this? I did try taking some Miralax and it helped at first,but then it wouldn't work for me.Please help....I really prefer the low-carb lifestyle.......tomorrow I'm starting over with the Induction phase and any advice will be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Replies

• AnyaArson
    AnyaArson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been pissing like a racehorse since I went full keto. Something about not having any carbs to absorb water and bloat, or something. I've always been pretty regular, even since before controlling my diet, but I've heard psyllium husk (which I eat just because I love it) is highly recommended. Good luck!
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response......looks like that's what I need to try :)
  • hoserzgirl
    hoserzgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take acidophilus every day before my first meal. If I become too frequent I take an extra one. This helps to keep gas & bloating under control for me.