Has anyone quit?

Options
TonyaCrego
TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
I did 5 days and gained weight which totally messed it up for me mentally! I know muscle weighs more than fat but I need to see the scale going down! I lost all motivation! So my plan is dieting and hoping to get to goal weight or close to by april and then april 1st im going to start jillian again and try to do it every weekday till june with great results then just keep it up from there. My hope is for a new tattoo with my goal by JUNE!

So im just wondering if im the only one that failed???

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I got injured. The last time I did the 30DS was last Tuesday. I walked on the treadmill on Wednesday, but have been out of it since then. Some days I can walk, others I can't. Probably should get an MRI....
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lbs since starting the 30 day shred and my healthy diet but now I'm starting to lose weight. I couldn't let myself give up because I really want to lose the weight. I just did level 3 day 1 today, oh and I gained weight because I wasn't eating enough calories
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think im gonna restart tomorrow. i noticed that im exhausted and when i was working out I had a good amount of energy so yea....tomorrow is my plan to restart JM 30DS
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I did 5 days and gained weight which totally messed it up for me mentally! I know muscle weighs more than fat but I need to see the scale going down! I lost all motivation! So my plan is dieting and hoping to get to goal weight or close to by april and then april 1st im going to start jillian again and try to do it every weekday till june with great results then just keep it up from there. My hope is for a new tattoo with my goal by JUNE!

sorry to hear that. But I gotta bash on you a little. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle weighs a pound and a pound of fat weighs a pound. Muscle is more dense than fat so a pound of muscle takes up less volume than pound of fat. Meaning, A person with 150 pounds of mostly muscle will be slimmer than a person with 150 pounds of mostly fat.

Weight gain is either from your body's normal fluctuation and is temporary or you're eating more calories than you think. Don't give up on the exercise. If you only diet and don't exercise, then you lose fat and muscle tissue. And you want to lose fat while maintaining muscle mass or increasing muscle mass. And you can only do that by diet AND exercise. Diet on its own will lose weight but as soon as you return to higher calorie level eating, you gain it back......
  • leoma280
    Options

sorry to hear that. But I gotta bash on you a little. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle weighs a pound and a pound of fat weighs a pound. Muscle is more dense than fat so a pound of muscle takes up less volume than pound of fat. Meaning, A person with 150 pounds of mostly muscle will be slimmer than a person with 150 pounds of mostly fat.

Weight gain is either from your body's normal fluctuation and is temporary or you're eating more calories than you think. Don't give up on the exercise. If you only diet and don't exercise, then you lose fat and muscle tissue. And you want to lose fat while maintaining muscle mass or increasing muscle mass. And you can only do that by diet AND exercise. Diet on its own will lose weight but as soon as you return to higher calorie level eating, you gain it back......

Thanks for that! I was always told that muscle weighed more than fat. But with the way you explained it, it makes sense.

Not quite quitting but I skipped a day because I was away but then that one day turned into three days and by the forth day I decided to revisit Level 1 for the days missed and start Level 2 again (I was having trouble with Level 2 and so I think after a few more days of Level 1 I will definitely be more confident with Level 2). Sorry to hear that the shred didn't quite work out.
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Thanks for that! I was always told that muscle weighed more than fat. But with the way you explained it, it makes sense.

Not quite quitting but I skipped a day because I was away but then that one day turned into three days and by the forth day I decided to revisit Level 1 for the days missed and start Level 2 again (I was having trouble with Level 2 and so I think after a few more days of Level 1 I will definitely be more confident with Level 2). Sorry to hear that the shred didn't quite work out.

Also, with this workout you are doing some muscle work. When you work a muscle, it will retain water while it heals so you will have a little weight gain due to this. I know you want to see the number on the scale go down but think of NSVs. Are you looking more tone? Do you have more endurance? Do you feel stronger? Are your measurements decreasing? And be completely honest with your calorie intake. Count every single thing you eat. Don't give up! You got this!
  • kjsuds
    kjsuds Posts: 10
    Options
    I had the same problem. I just got ticked and didn't do it over the weekend at all. I started the shred to jump start my weight loss again. I had hit a plateau after losing 41 pounds...been there since New Years. I have done nothing but gain weight, and I'm not losing inches either. It's very discouraging, but I am sticking with it. I am feeling better about myself and hoping that I see weight loss at some point. The more I exercise, the more I gain it seems. I haven't changed my eating habits, still trying to track and eat healthy.

I've been told your muscles you haven't used in a while hold water once you introduce a movement that is new to them, hence the weight gain I'm experiencing. When I started dieting and exercising back in August, I have only been doing cardio, no stregth training or weights at all. So the 23rd of Jan was the first time I've added any strength/weights doing the shred...hoping that I start seeing results on the scale soon too...

So, I started again on Monday and plan to continue and not weigh myself every week, maybe skip to everyother and I won't be so disappointed!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i haven't quit but i have been spreading it out more because level 2 is harder. Its not that I can' t do level 2 its just that I don't want to. I'm being lazy.
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    I did the first week, then not for a few days but back into it now, tomorrow will be my 7th day running. So worth doing, please don't give up! Also, I am staying at level 1 for now, I'll move up when I am either totally fed up with it or when I can do it all like Natalie! :-))
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I almost quit...i did take a two day break but got back to it today and will just do two more days of it. I have gained weight while on it but now that i have been doing more cardio also i have began to lose weight again. the only thing that keeps me going is the fact my stomach dosent jiggle and has kind of raised up..tmi i know...but i have lost inches. so i will stick it out but after this i will only do strength training 3 days a week and the rest all cardio until i get to my goal weight then i will work on toning. But goodness level two has me incorporating those 5 second breaks!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i almost skipped last night and that would have meant 2 days off, but i made myself do it. so glad i did! it was hard, but it felt good!
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We took a rest break last night. But it will only be a one night thing. We had gone out of town and took 4 days off. We were at the end of level one when we did this. It was so hard to start back up again. So when we did start again we did 3 days of level one before moving to level 2. I doubt I will let myself take such a long break again. It was to hard to re-start.

I have not lost weight while doing the 30ds but I can tell that I have lost inches.
  • lvnaris
    lvnaris Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not quit, but I am one of those who has taken 1-2 day breaks. Now I try to do at least 20 min on the elliptical if I don't feel like doing 30DS instead of not doing anything at all. But if I don't exercise on any given day, I count that as a rest day. I think dwelling too much on missing days messes me up more than saying, "ok, it's done but pick it up again tomorrow."

I weighed myself today and actually gained 1lb. -Shrug- My calorie limit is 1200 but I was reading in another forum that I may have set it too low to begin with.
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am not doing it currently because I joined a gym and got a personal trainer. I am SO sore from lifting that I have to rest. I am just purely exhausted from being busy as a Mom, weight training and cutting calories. Losing the weight on the scale was the easy part. Trying to drop my body fat and increase lean muscle mass in order to get my body looking the way I want is SO SO hard. I know why so many people give up. I will do it! I will stick with it and learn and develop and retrain my mind and body! And so will you!
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    I'm doing the "2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 rest, 2 shred, 1 rest" and my body has been thanking me with less joint pain and bigger weight loss.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been having the odd day off and don't beat myself up about it - I have just done day 3 of Level 3 but it's taken 6 days lol!
  • tracy1727
    tracy1727 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I havent quit - but I dont have quite the gusto I did when I first starting doing it everyday. I finished Level 2 Day 13 last night....(When looking at others that are doing it in our group - I think I am 7 or 8 days behind the rest. I find it sooooo hard on my knees. I love all the ab exercises but the squats and such are driving me nuts! I have not had any weight loss at all.....but I tell myself to just keep going at it ...waiting for body to catch up and just have the weight "melt off" me anyday now....lol...
    Gonna see it to the end - but it just might take me longer than most.....
  • smithashlie
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm with you......I didn't quit out of conscious thought process or decision making, it simply happened after a weekend of work (two weeks ago) that was insane! I worked 30 hours in two days and did not have time for the workout. On Monday I decided to take a rest day and re-coup from the long weekend and get some house work done and from there I guess I just got lazy.......I am so disappointed with myself. :( I had really just started seeing and feeling the results of the Shred and I've totally blown all of that. I am making the decision to get back on board starting today- so you are not alone. I gave up too.....
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've gone three whole days without shredding - will try and do it tomorrow but feel like I've undone all the good work :(
  • smithashlie
    Options
    So, I just need to thank you for starting this post, because 'fessing up to my giving up gave me the motivation to get going again today. I just finished Shred Level 1 (I ended on level two but wanted to 'ease' into it after two weeks off) and I am happy to say I found it MUCH easier than I did first starting! Back to the grind today! Thank you for making me feel guilty!!!!!