hello

Options
Hello! My name is Kara and I have 52 pounds I would like to drop! It will be a long journey and could use some good motivation and some helpful tools that may have worked for you! So let me know what has worked for you! Thanks!

Kara

Replies

• Sebokolik
    Options
    Hey Kara,

Some of the thing that work for me:

- I made a daily schedule for myself of when I will eat and exercise.. every 2 to 3 hours my alarm clock (on my phone) will let me know when I should wake up, eat, exercise and sleep... Having a certain structure helps me stay on track...

- I don't deprive myself of anything, for example if I want a piece of chocolate, cake etc. I will have some, BUT I will never exceed my daily calorie intake!!.. (by doing so you will lower the chances of a relapse, because you still can get a taste, but you have to limit yourself so you don't go overboard with it)

- drink 2 liters of water daily!!

- force yourself to go outside as much as possible. In stead of taking the car, try to walk or ride a bike as much as you can.

- pick a day, when you will weigh in.. Never do it more than once a week.. (i always do it on saterday)

- pick a day when you won't count your calories.. A day off.. but this does not mean that you can eat take-out food or you can go to the mcdonalds and stuff yourself with junk food... You still have to limit yourself, but i find it nice to have atleast 1 day off, were I don't have to count every calorie I eat.

Hope this helps!
  • Hey Kara,

- I made a daily schedule for myself of when I will eat and exercise.. every 2 to 3 hours my alarm clock (on my phone) will let me know when I should wake up, eat, exercise and sleep... Having a certain structure helps me stay on track...

- I don't deprive myself of anything, for example if I want a piece of chocolate, cake etc. I will have some, BUT I will never exceed my daily calorie intake!!.. (by doing so you will lower the chances of a relapse, because you still can get a taste, but you have to limit yourself so you don't go overboard with it)

- force yourself to go outside as much as possible. In stead of taking the car, try to walk or ride a bike as much as you can.

- pick a day, when you will weigh in.. Never do it more than once a week.. (i always do it on saterday)

- pick a day when you won't count your calories.. A day off.. but this does not mean that you can eat take-out food or you can go to the mcdonalds and stuff yourself with junk food... You still have to limit yourself, but i find it nice to have atleast 1 day off, were I don't have to count every calorie I eat.

Hope this helps!
    Hey nice post. I've been at it for a while, but I really liked some of your suggestions.
  • Sebokolik
    Options
    Hey Kara,

Hope this helps!
    Hey nice post. I've been at it for a while, but I really liked some of your suggestions.

Thanx .. I'm glad you found some of it useful.. We are here to help each other out :D