Group exercises!

Options
Hello Ladies!

I have fallen off the wagon the last couple days with diet and exercise and am needing some help getting motivated to get back on track. Something that would really help me out is if we came up with some group exercises to challenge each other ( just knowing we are doing this together helps). Are ya with me???

So I was thinking some exercises you can do from home since there are a lot of people who do not have gym memberships.

1) 30 push-ups (can be broken up throughout the day if necessary)

2) 1 minute of jumping jacks or 1 minute of jump rope

3) 50 sit-ups

4) 15 walking leg lunges (large step forward, the back leg knee drops down a few inches above the floor, leaving the front leg bent at a 90 degrees, then step the back leg to the front and repeat)

5)30 sec. plank (either in push-up position or down on elbows with the rest of your body as stiff as a board hovering over the floor)

If everyone could come up with 5 or more of their favorite exercises it would really be a help to me as well as others. Thank you for your time! And keep up the hard work! Stay strong!

~Lori

Replies

• firealiceice
    firealiceice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it! I don't have a gym membership and I needed workouts that i could do throughout the day when I don't go to my school gym! Thanks for posting the topic!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm in, and I will think of my favorites throughout the day.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    sounds great!!

I am also trying to do wall sits but, for me, they are sooo hard. Im hoping to get stronger and longer each time. Last night I also walked up and down my stairs. lol its no step machine but it worked just the same!!! Oh, and push ups. I hate em but I can really see the difference in my arms!!

Good luck everyone!!!
  • Ladylori1975
    Ladylori1975 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!

Lily- wall sits are a great exercise you can do at home. I forgot about those. Yes they are very hard. When I was in a boot camp class at the college they made us do wall sits for 30 seconds at a time after running 4 sets of stairs. I thought I was going to die..lol! Running up actual stairs is harder and better for you than a stair stepper. The rotating stairs at a gym is equal to it but thats it. You burn a ton of calories! I did it for 30 minutes and was sweating like a pig in heat. Can't wait to see your exercise lists! I will do each one of them!