One Year Later

Options
krb731
krb731 Posts: 76 Member
Sorry I haven't been able to check in lately (sick computer), but I wanted to let everyone know that as of Feb. 3, 2012 I have been smoke free for one year. I thought I would have been more excited, but honestly it was a simple and calm happiness. My sweetheart took me out to dinner and bought me a Kindle Fire which really touched me.

For those of you wondering, yes, I do still have thoughts of smoking every now and then but the moment last for about 30 seconds (if that long) and it is gone. I hate the smell of smoke and avoid smokers like crazy because the smell really makes me feel ill. I have not gained weight like I thought I would and my mood is actually much better. I don't miss that morning cough at all. All of my doctors, friends and family members are happy that I no longer smoke.

Someone asked me how did I stick with it and I told them I never want to go through the first month again. That was truly the worst part of all of this and that's what I think about in those 30 seconds or less. I never want to be constipated, moody, nervous, constantly craving, sleepless, tired, achy, etc. all at the same time again.

Good luck to everyone trying to get ride of the Nicotine Beast. It is possible.

Replies

• charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!
    Just behind you! I have my first no-smoking birthday on 11 of March!
    As I read your words... I thought you were describing me!!!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Way to go girls, I, am also a follower.

I will be one year free as of MARCH 8, 2012.

Your comments on your one year are so true.......a calmness!!
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well done. Keep up the good work.

I have been quit now for about a year but still dependent on a nasal spray. I am trying to quit that now through patches but have a Doctors appointment to try to get the Champix quit drug.

I find the smell of smoke in an elevator make me feel really sick. I try to get out if a smoker gets in. Walking past store fronts is the same as people spark up as soon as they get out of a supermarket. Funny that, because I could never smell it before.

Lord knows how I must have smelled going back a year.