Tall ladies, do you find it takes longer to notice when you

Options
13»

Replies

• bellydancefae
    Options
    I usually notice when my weight changes by about 10lbs because my clothes start to fit differently. It's me losing 30lbs for others to notice. I figure it's because there's that much more surface area my weight is spread over. It's like taking a tablespoon of water and keeping it in a measuring spoon vs. pouring and spreading it around in a plate. The larger container makes the liquid look smaller than it is.
    On the plus side, people NEVER can guess how much I really weight. When I tell them I'm over 200lbs they think I'm joking, because my weight is so evenly spread over my frame.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yep.. I lost 30 pounds total, and I didn't see much of a change clothes wise until I was almost 10-15 pounds down.. but my dad was telling me he could see the back of my legs getting slimmer almost right away.

My trainer too insisted on weighing me a week ago because the last weigh in he had was from when we started and he didn't think I weighed the same.. and low and behold I did.
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Yep, nobody really started to notice until I was down 20 or 25 lbs. Hell, I couldn't really tell the difference until about then myself. I put back on 8-10 lbs when I started grad school and I couldn't really tell the difference in my appearance or the way my clothes fit. So, yeah, being tall is a double edged sword like that...
  • HAP63
    HAP63 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, when you are tall it is harder to see weight loss/gain. After I hit 20lbs is when I see a difference.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this :)
    Was feeling so unhappy about losing 20 pounds and having no one notice. But hopefully soon there will be a noticeable difference :D
  • Seraphinablu
    Seraphinablu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 KGs and still people don't notice that! i myself barely notice it because i lost some inches but over all, there is not so much difference.
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    I haven't lost much of anything this go around, but last time I had to get around the 25lb mark before anyone noticed. Then one day I was sitting in my truck and I looked down at my thighs and said, "HOLY HELL!" My thighs looked SO good in my jeans.
    I haven't been thin since I was a kid. I wonder what I'll look like as a thin adult.