Threw my back out :(

Options
tpt42087
tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
Not happy at all this pass Sunday I slipped in a pothole and now my back is killing me pain shooting down my left leg, it's hard to walk now. I feel like crying and screaming all this hard work I've been doing and I have to stop it now :( its been 5 days and I haven't been to the gym I'm hoping that Monday I can go. I hope everyone is doing better then me!

Replies

• MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I HATE it when you are feeling good and you've been kicking *kitten* at the gym, then that one little thing happens and you suddenly feel so horrible. Then come the tears and the frustration. It will pass- keep a close watch on your calories and endulge in something you would do if you weren't at the gym- like read a book, extra long bath, online shopping. And ICE!!! :) Hope its getting better.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, haven't been in this part of the forum in a couple weeks, and wondering how you're doing. Hope you're healing up!
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    Since you have lost weight, has your pain been better tpt?
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Last Saturday, as I was picking up a bucket of water after washing a floor, I popped a disc. Severe pain. My husband had to lift me out of bed and carry me to the bathroom for the next 3 days. Then, I found that I could walk with the support of my walking poles. Those allowed me to shift the weight off my spine and onto my arms. After 2 days of that I could walk around for short periods without support. This morning I was able to walk an hour on the treadmill at a slow speed. This was not optional because my hip was starting to feel like a big knot of velcro.

Used to be that it would take me 3-4 weeks to recover from a popped herniated disc. (I have 3) This time it took me only a week, not that I'm back to normal again. I credit a year of going Tai Chi, aqua-fitness and daily hour long walks on my treadmill, to make me stronger. Though my muscle relaxants were not effective for the first three days, they finally did kick in.

These back injuries are no fun for sure. But if we work at it, they can get better.