Supplements?

Options
Are any of you that are currently doing, or will be starting this program taking (going to take) the supplements she recommends?

Replies

• tesoro83
    Options
    I'm currently on day 4 of week 1 in the program. I decided not to take the proteinshakes but I do take vitamins and lýsi (icelandic fish oil). The reason I'm not taking protein powder is because I workout after work and it takes me 5 minutes to get home after I workout. My fiancé is usually ready with a perfectly balanced meal so this time around it's a no on the protin shakes :)
    I do have a lot of weight to lose and maybe I'll do the program again after I finish it the first time. Who knows, maybe I'll even invest in some protein then ;)
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    I'm doing protein shakes and a multivitamin. I use you a store brand pill and I use BSN Syntha 6 on the protein.
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Wow...Your fiance is nice!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Today is my first day so I'm still trying to figure out what I will do but I bought and am trying most of what she recommended:

-Protein Powder:
    I just tried the strawberry protein powder inside 2% milk today- Yuck!! It tastes good but it was chunky, I might have to buy a blender if I want to go that route..

-Fish Oil/Flaxseed Oil:
    I bought a big bottle of this too, it is a combination of Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Borage Oil(whatever that is) and Omega 3,6,9. I got this from Walmart. Also, I already take gummy multivitamins.

-Hard boiled eggs:
    I'm doing this now but I've read a lot of reviews about people substituting a big chunk of the protein obtained from this on shakes and protein bars and other things....so we will see how that goes.

-Other sources of protein:
    Just in case I also bought some high protein chocolate bars, slim fast high protein shakes, soy milk, and several other things to get me started.

The main things I'm definitely going to focus on are breaking the meals up into 6 small meals a day, water, and protein. Since I'm going to still count calories I have 1200 calories per day, I will be doing 200 calories per small meal for now- hopefully that works out. I'm going to try and incorporate about 30grams of protein in each one.
  • tesoro83
    Options
    Wow...Your fiance is nice!

I know... I'm pretty lucky :) He cooks dinner and I cook breakfast :)
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    That's a nice routine :)
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I pretty much already take some of things she recommends, I take a high quality multivitamin, calcium, I take the same Omega 3,6,9 that you mentioned, and I also take protein regularly it has helped me alot. I've been doing great with these supplements. I just recently started Jamie Eason's program but I've been working out for quite awhile and have been seeing great definition in my arms that I've never seen before. I think the protein is really good for muscle recovery and building.
  • lauri78
    lauri78 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am in week 11 of the program, and I must say that supplementation is sooooo important. The main supplements in my diet are...

1) A daily multivitamin (to make sure I am getting all the vitamins and nutrients I need)

2) Flaxseed oil (Which helps aid digestion....gotta keep things moving with all that protein intake)

3) Whey powder protein - Your muscles need protein to grow....whey protein is the fastest absorbing. Look for a protein powder that is relatively low in calories and carbs. If the protein powder has BCAA's in it (branch chain amino acids)....thats even better. Whey is a great way to get alot of protein in one sitting. If you arent taking it already, you will need it by phase 3

4) Casein protein (Casein is a slow released protein....About 8 hours. It is perfect to take before bed, or as an evening snack. You can buy casein powder to mix into a shake, or you can do what I do, and get your casein protein the natural way.....cottage cheese....mmm!

5) Protein bars- I have made almost all of Jamies protein bar recipes (all except the chocolate ones) Protein is so important in muscle growth....I find protein bars a great way to get an extra little bit of protein throughout the day, in a yummy, healthy way.

Hope this helps....this is what has worked for me so far. I really need to emphasize the protein though, because in phase 3 when you are carb cycling (2 high carb diet days, and 5 low carb diet days), you really need to up your protein. Right now I am eating 210g of protein a day on the low carb days....thats alot of protein....so it makes life easier when you can get 30g of protein into your body with just one shake.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am in week 11 of the program, and I must say that supplementation is sooooo important. The main supplements in my diet are...

1) A daily multivitamin (to make sure I am getting all the vitamins and nutrients I need)

2) Flaxseed oil (Which helps aid digestion....gotta keep things moving with all that protein intake)

3) Whey powder protein - Your muscles need protein to grow....whey protein is the fastest absorbing. Look for a protein powder that is relatively low in calories and carbs. If the protein powder has BCAA's in it (branch chain amino acids)....thats even better. Whey is a great way to get alot of protein in one sitting. If you arent taking it already, you will need it by phase 3

4) Casein protein (Casein is a slow released protein....About 8 hours. It is perfect to take before bed, or as an evening snack. You can buy casein powder to mix into a shake, or you can do what I do, and get your casein protein the natural way.....cottage cheese....mmm!

5) Protein bars- I have made almost all of Jamies protein bar recipes (all except the chocolate ones) Protein is so important in muscle growth....I find protein bars a great way to get an extra little bit of protein throughout the day, in a yummy, healthy way.

Hope this helps....this is what has worked for me so far. I really need to emphasize the protein though, because in phase 3 when you are carb cycling (2 high carb diet days, and 5 low carb diet days), you really need to up your protein. Right now I am eating 210g of protein a day on the low carb days....thats alot of protein....so it makes life easier when you can get 30g of protein into your body with just one shake.
    Thanks for sharing! :smile: