The Revolution tv show on ABCfeaturing a woman who's thyroid

Options
Has anyone watched the show this week? If you are looking for inspiration or motivation you may want to check out her story on the show's website at abc.

A quick synopsis: they are featuring the story of a 40 year old woman who had her thyroid removed due to a rare form of thyroid cancer.

I was amazed at the amount of weight she lost in 90 days - with no thyroid!!!!! She went from 243 to 190 pounds - a loss of 53 pounds in just three months.

I was curious as to how she did it. They posted a food and exercise chart and her calorie intake is 1200 per day and her exercise regimen is absolutely crazy.

2 sessions 45 min/ cardio per day
1 session 60 min/ full strength training all muscle groups per day

Fun activities: spinning 3x per week, swimming 2x weekly, and hiking on the weekends

She is a working single mom with a pre-teen son. This is just amazing! She is motivated to take off weight because if she doesn't the chances of her cancer returning are much higher - she is a warrior!

Donna

Replies

• 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    I haven't watched it but that sounds amazing! Where did she get the energy from to do all of that??? LOL Just finding time and energy to power walk today was difficult.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER ever watch The Revoltion (yes, Revoltion - because it's revolting that they'd actually air such a crappy show!)

That horrible "tv show" replaced my beloved One life to live.

The ratings for it are so abysmal, it shouldn't last the season :)
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    never heard of that show, but I am at the office during the day so unlikely I would see it. The story of that women sounds interesting though. I do believe that exercise is the only thing keep me from blowing up like a balloon. I don't really lose, but it's keeping me stable until I figure out the rest.