Embarrassing question...

Options
I'm on stage 1 just about to start wo5, I've started off squating 40kgs, shoulder press is 4kgs (cringe) seated row 25kgs, dead lifting 30kgs lunges 6kgs, wide grip lat pull down 25kgs.

My issue is although I'm finding these ok I'm bleeding slightly after each work out, Has any one else had this issue? I'm on the mini pill so haven't had a period in over a year.

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've never experienced anything like this. You might want to ask your doctor about it.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i've not had any bleeding either...i would totally check with your doc, and not do any more lifts until you do...
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can get spotting with the mini pill but if this seemed to coincide with starting this program and lifting heavier I would check with your doctor.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    For what its worth, I had TOM last week. My period had finished for a whole day. Then I lifted yesterday and bled a good bit.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Working out definitely gets the hormones flowing, but yes talk to your doctor. Maybe they need to adjust your dosage to accomodate your new routine.
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started experiencing this myself once I really started to challenge myself. I DID go to the doctor and she checked everything out and did blood work and said everything looked OK. I am also on the pill and have PCOS. She said spotting is normal but it definitely freaks me a out a little.... :(
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is probably a "DUH" answer, but I sure as heck wish *I* knew this about 3 months ago. Do your keagels :)
    After lifting for about a month, then increasing the weights, something dropped... I have a cystocele without uterine prolapse. I put myself on bedrest for about a week, with my legs up, did my keagels went to the doc, said I could go back to "full duty". I'm working on strengthening THAT muscle.