New to primal- hard time eating all my calories

Options
loulou0612
loulou0612 Posts: 69 Member
Happy Friday,
this morning I am starting day 7 and it has been a great week...I have been focusing a lot on my carbs this week but with cutting out all the breads and grains making it to the minimum of 1200 calories is tricky...I still have at least 50lbs to loose and am working on loving protein but its never been my favorite part of the meal..I am also Hypothyroid and on medication but not sure my dosage is theraputic. I have friends on my case about not eating enough but I am eating primarily protein about 80-100g a day and my carbs about 50-70.....So I was just curious if anyone has any knowledge about eating under your calories??

Replies

• tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    How much fat are you eating?
  • loulou0612
    Options
    over 70 every day.....Yesterday was a harder day since I made steak for dinner (Not a red meat lover) but ate about 3oz anyway, I usually do a little better with chicken days!
  • nicolealison
    nicolealison Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have read a lot of articles on Paleo and they all stay to not pay attention to the calories of the day. There will be days you eat more calories and days you eat a lot less. I find on days I work out, I eat more because my body needs fuel. With paleo, you will come to find yourself eating only as a body-fuel, and not something we do when we are bored. The cavemen didn't crave Yak or whatever and then went out and found it. They ate when they needed to, whatever they could find.
    I would focus on making your macronutrients, carbs, fats and protein and keeping the sugars down for weight loss.
  • jellerose
    jellerose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think there is way too much emphasis on MFP regarding eating all our calories. I'd rather eat what I'm hungry for and make sure it's generally good quality without regard to calories. If I'm under, so be it. If I'm over, so be it. As long as I'm not over because of poor choices and low quality food. That said I will have the occasional cheat that includes poor choices and low quality food ; ). Going over on those days just reminds me of the full cost of cheating. Being good about primal takes us beyond the calorie in, calorie out paradigm. I don't log my food much anymore, only if I find myself overindulging in the wrong direction.
  • loulou0612
    Options
    Thanks, That is pretty much what I was thinking...I am on MFP with a bunch of friends who all have lost weight and are pretty athletic so I get a little flack for not always eating enough of my calories...Since they obviously dont buy into the Primal lifestyle its hard always defending myself...Thank you for the input...Day 9 here I come!!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    A few things I love to eat on Primal

low sugar cookies made with almond flour ( If you can look at my recipes, it's on there, or peek at some of my thread...just 2 T of honey)
    Kerrygold butter
    Canned Coconut Milk...heavenly on berries, thick like heavy whipped cream
    Chicken wings...the skin will help get your calorie content up
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Look up some primal recipes. It's hard for me to when I was just eating steamed chicken and veggies. BUt once I started making really delicious primal meals, I was able to meet it easily. I actually raised my calories to 1500 a day and I'm still losing 2+ lbs a week.