Will this work?

Options
Kelly_1981
Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
Hi All Ok I have a question I am doing LC snd have gone from eating 50+% of my calories/diet on carbs (looking at past reports on here) to now 10% ish of my diet on carbs.

I am trying to stay under 30 carbs a day. I am only just starting out but I was expecting me to lose weight but its just not moving! Now I have been eating the Josephs Flax bread wraps (4 net carbs for 1/2 wrap) for lunch most days and I have eaten sugar free jelly with double cream at night and I have also had some Atkins bars to try and beat the sugar cravings. I ma drinking lots of water I am still drinking decaf coffee (black) and I have been counting that in my water (is this wrong?)

Apart from that I have compleatly revamped my food but I have lost 1 pound!!! What am I doing wrong? Should I stick to the Atkins induction to the T? I was thinking that I was doing ok? If I am totally off mark and I need telling then please tell me I want to lose the weight but doing this and seeing no results is pissing me off to be honest!

Replies

• 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Hello. I can only tell you my experience. I started the atkins diet three days ago and have lost four pounds! I have about twenty to lose. I am sticking with the induction phase one foods to a tee. I know it's hard, but for me, it's the only way. I wouldn't eat anything like bread or wraps, even if they say low carb. I dunno, I just don't trust any kind of bread on this diet. And some people plateau by eating the bars and such. So that is just my take on it. I hope you find what works for you.
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and it does look pretty good. One thing I noticed is that you should work on reducing the sugar. Both your protein and fat are high, which is fine, but I'd also try lowering the protein a bit. For some people, that could mess them up. Your calories are also bouncing all over the place, so that can be a contributing as well. I only took a look at a few days so hope that helps!

Also, if you can try eating a meat and egg only day might help mix things up. I lose a lot of weight when I restrict to eat only meat, eggs, oils and limit my cheese and heavy whipping cream. Google the Meat and Egg diet if you don't know much about it. Does wonders for me!
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I keep my carbs @ 20 or below each day and stick with around 1200 or less on the calories I loose pretty well.
    Cheese slows my losses down and I never eat bread. I also don't do net carbs. There are so many hidden sugars carbs and etc. We trust the food manufacturers to give us the right information...too many loopholes so they don't that's why we must be the carb police LOL
    You can add me as a friend and I will try and help you too!
    THIS WOE does work and once you tweak it you will start losing great. I've lost 33 lbs in 90 days and I am happy with it!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ahh thank you all x I appreaciate it loads. I have well and truly screwed up today I ate loads of Atkins bars (3 of them!!) and a thorntons diabetic chocolate bar! So its my own fault today but I will not let that derail me, Tomorrow is a new day and I just wont buy any more again x