why are people not supportive?

Options
Tracey1147
Tracey1147 Posts: 951 Member
I'm forever explaining or defending why I am working out and recording/watching what I'm eating to my family and friends. While I'm trying to something good for myself they are all against what I'm doing.
Any one else having this problem?

Replies

• fallguy
    Options
    Yes I get the same problem from people that I work with. I have been training with terry since June last year, I feel much better in myself and feel the benefits from doing so. These people who put us down are only jealous because they want to do something like it but can't be bothered with doing so. Feel proud of what you are doing . X
  • jerter
    jerter Posts: 18
    Options
    I also get this from people at work. They are always saying , you don't need to diet etc have a biscuit! Or the one cake won,t hurt! Those people are jealous because they can see how well you are doing
  • stevesf
    stevesf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The answer is to do it more discreatly and say nothing to these people who don't want to see you get "one up" on them!!!
    Keep on doing what your doing, they will soon change their tune when they notice your resulting weight loss
    It is a great system that works,.....with the help of Terry I have lost around 2 stones and feel much better within myself and people do notice
    Keep up the good work xxx
  • Tracey1147
    Tracey1147 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the depots.
    It's mainly my family that are always on at me not to lose weight and we don't keep anything from each other. I have to explain I'm trying to be a healthy weight but with less fat and more toned but they don't understand or agree.
  • TerryPT
    TerryPT Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's known as 'diet sabotage'. They do not want you to succeed as the fitter you get, the less fit they feel in comparison. it's a subconscious thing, your family don't realise what it means to you. Be prepared to hear 'you're too thin', 'you're too muscular'. This translates to 'you look so sleek & toned, I wish i was as determined as you but im not so return to your old self to make me feel better'

If they try to force you to eat things you don't want to, either say no thank you or il save it for later. No need to explain again that you are trying to eat better as they already know that.

You could try writing down the reasons you want to do this and let them read it. Showing people that it means so much to you that you have gone to the bother of writing it down might help them understand. Be sure to include the fact that you are not anorexic just because you are eating healthy!
  • monzify
    monzify Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! :bigsmile: