How is everyone doing?

Options
aklitten
aklitten Posts: 237 Member
I just wanted to check in with everyone to find out about our progress. As for me, I have backed away from the scale because I have found that in the past month my body is really changing in terms of my strength, endurance and just general composition but the scale's not moving a lot. I have dropped 2 pants sizes in 3 months and I am generally feeling much better about myself. Sure, I've lost 20 pounds in 3 months but I'm not even sure if my goal weight is realistic.

Where are YOU in your journey?

Replies

• psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, the scale is moving but I don't think I look much different than I did 15lbs ago. I'm still very flabby even though I'm not overweight anymore. I guess I just have a 'soft' body. My heaviest weight was 210lbs so I think I may be stuck with the flabbyness and loose skin no matter how much I lose.
    I've lost 14lbs since Christmas, I have 12 to go and my goal weight is 133 lbs. Not sure if that's realistic as I haven't been under 10 stone (140lbs) since I was a teenager. I'm now 40.

Well done on dropping the sizes :flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I started working out about a month ago. I'm losing some inches and clothes are fitting better, but the scale has not moved a lot. I just increased my calorie goal because I think I was not eating enough to go with the increased activity level.
  • mamimarisa
    Options
    i have been stuck in the 190-195 range for what seems like forever .. i try to do 5 pounds a month. 190 was my goal for January the 14. Unfortunately i did not make it but even a month later im strugging to get there.i lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks by eating right(with no serious cheatdays) and faithfully workin out. I weighed in yesturday to today and it said i gained the 3 pounds back! Overnight! .. im gettin discouraged and though i wont stop i am beginning to feel a little hopeless. My goal is to get to 175 and comin from 207 im halfway there. I feel like i just get hungrier and im getting tired with the workouts. Any tips for workouts or healthy snack foods or anything at all , feel free to share! (:
  • deksgrl
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? The gain could be water retention or TOM.
  • ashliehawk
    Options
    Hey ladies I have about umm 15 lbs to go!! I could use the support. I am currently walking/jogging and runnning abt 45 mins 5 days a week and doing the Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels just started that a few days ago because I wasn't having much result with just my treadmill. Any tips? Do you eat your exercise calories back or at least some of them? Any thing would be great!!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    If your calorie goals are set by MFP, then yes, eat your calories back. MFP sets you at a big enough deficit that you will lose weight without exercise. If you are exercising, then you need to eat them back or risk having too much of a deficit.
  • ashliehawk
    Options
    What is MFP?
  • deksgrl
    Options
    This website.
  • ashliehawk
    Options
    Oh ok lol thanks!
  • mamimarisa
    Options
    my calorie goal is 1480
  • deksgrl
    Options
    my calorie goal is 1480

You could probably eat more and still lose. Do you have MFP set to lose 2 pounds a week? If so, I would change it to 1 pound and see if that helps kick start things.
  • mamimarisa
    Options
    I have it set to 1.5 pounds a week , should i still lower it?
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm doing alright too.. I too decided not to focus on the scale... the number is tripping me out, so I am doing it based on body size. So I am continuing to move forward with my progress and update the weight next week... I have to weigh -in i'm in the Biggest loser at work so I miss a week and weigh-in a week.
  • incfighters
    incfighters Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone is doing alright! MFP has been good at changing my lifestyle, and I've gotten it to a point where I can maintain my weight without calculating everything. The only problem is, I've been maintaining for about 2 months, and I'm only 5 pounds away from my initial goal. I just don't know what I need to motivate me more! I know it sounds silly, but I'm really having trouble just sticking with the counting lately. Do you guys have any suggestions on ways to motivate yourself?
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am doing well. I'm on week 7 Day 1 of Couch to 5K. Jogging for 25 minutes without stopping was a dream, now a reality and I love it. I have increased my calories to 1200-1300 Net and include a cheat day every once a while. The scale started moving in the right direction. 11 pounds away from my 1st goal of 145. I will probably make another goal of 135 once I hit my 1st one. Stay with it everyone, this is a life change not a race. :)
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 1/2 a pound from my goal now:) It has been a slow journey, but worth the wait.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, 5'0" & have been on mfp for 35 days & lost 11lbs. I got 24lbs to go til I hit a healthy bmi. Then ill just go from there. I've been a yo to dieter my whole life & am ready to get healthy for myself & my family. Everyone feel free to add me & wish me luck!