Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What type of nursing do you do?

I am a nurse in the OR. I perform both the circulating role and the scrub role. I love both.

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Right now I am in a self imposed semi retirement. We had a lot of renovations the past 1 1/2 yrs. Men in the house every day.

When I am working , I work in a med/surg CCU. I also teach part time in the clinical setting for a local community college refresher course.
  • I am a medsurg charge nurse, I work third shift
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Emergency room for past two years. Prior to that a monitored unit and prior to that pediatric transplants. :smile: :smile:
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Hi everyone! I am an ICU nurse who has worked 12.5 hour nights forever!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    OB/GYN clinic RN here.
  • Cardiac/telemetry floor specializing in heart failure/heart transplant/VADs and I work the 7p-7a shift.
  • rjsgirl2009
    rjsgirl2009 Posts: 3 Member
    I am a CNA at the local hospital. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. :happy:
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    I'm a telemetry med/surg RN, usually charge, working 12 hour over nights. Glad to meet you all. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • I work in the Cardiac Intervention Unit. 12hour night shifts. Glad to find this group
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Hi : ) I work in the ICU/CCU. 12 hours. 3p-3a.
  • Hi : ) I work in the ICU/CCU. 12 hours. 3p-3a.
    That shift sounds better than 7p-7a need to talk my manager into it.
  • I am an OR nurse, I have done it for the past 2 years and love it.
  • I am an OR nurse. I scrub and circulate as well. I work 8 hour shifts (7-3). I've been a nurse for 6 1/2 years.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Psychiatric nurse since day 1, working day and evening shifts.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Hi : ) I work in the ICU/CCU. 12 hours. 3p-3a.
    That shift sounds better than 7p-7a need to talk my manager into it.

My ideal shift too! I used to love this shift but have not worked anywhere that has offered it in years. I do better with those hours!
  • I'm an LPN on Med/Surg. I'm just working casual right now, but our shifts are 12 hours, and is often short call, so sometimes it can be tricky to meal plan, especially on nights. I do my best to stay away from the cookie/cracker bin!
  • OB/GYN RN
  • nottie79
    nottie79 Posts: 4 Member
    Charge nurse on a med/surg tele floor
  • Med/Surg RN working 7p-7a three nights per week!
  • diagilb
    diagilb Posts: 3 Member
    I am a hospice nurse working nights and weekends.