Creative food ideas wanted

Hello,

Looking for creative grab and go food choices. My son plays competitive basketball and we are on the go on the weekends. If you have any suggestions, would love to hear them. I just picked up Lifeway non-fat vanilla kefir (cultured milk). It is not one of the 100 foods, but I think it meets the criteria. It is a great on the go choice, but tell me if you think otherwise.

Replies

• Capone1971
    Capone1971 Posts: 14 Member
    For a quick snack on the go, I nip in the supermarket and buy the chicken breast slices that have been cooked in tikka - very tasty. Failing that extra light cream cheese spread on smoked salmon or slices of ham also makes a quick snack. If at home, I tend to make omelette with ham shredded into it (or sometimes smoked mackerel) - though it could be cooked up and eaten cold later - it'd be like a quiche without pastry. You could try making a tuna dish in advance and having it in a tub or some of the dukan muffins.
  • Made great pork sausage breakfast patties this morning with no sugar.

2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
    2 tsp sage
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon herbs de provence
    1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    2 pounds ground pork

Directions
    1 In a small, bowl, combine the sage, (salt), ground black pepper, marjoram, (brown sugar),
    crushed red pepper and cloves. Mix well.
    2 Place the pork in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it. Mix well with your
    hands and form into patties.
    3 Saute the patties in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes per side,
    or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

This was adopted for a recipe on the web: http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/index.php/t-110092.html
  • bean42
    bean42 Posts: 8 Member
    I really do hate to point it out but pork isn't allowed, it's too fatty.

sorry.

E
  • Thanks for the information. I get organic locally grown pork from a friend. I know its fat content, which is equal to beef. In this case, I am willing to let it go and see how it works. What I find is that a cut meat is all about the fat percentage and knowing how the butcher made that cut. You are right that anything ground should be scruntized.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    I have some recipes with pictures here if you're interested....

me-on-dukan.blogspot.com
  • has anyone tried the cauliflower pizza or cauliflower breadsticks reciepe?? I googled it the pics look good.
  • A great snack I just made was 4 slices of thin fat free ham with 1 tablespoon of philly fat free cream cheese. Rolled it up.. It was so good and extremely filling.
  • janebink
    janebink Posts: 40 Member
    I make a 'sandwich' of two slices of pork tongue with low fat cheese and a little horseradish in the middle.
    Oh and don't forget the seafood sticks they are a life saver!!!
  • @Elfo

Awesome blog and recipes. I think my message is that on my PV days, I need to really up the creativity. I am inspired!
  • yesterday I made the Dukan quick oat bran cookie in the microwave for 1 min. In a bowl I put 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese, 2 packets of splenda, a quick dash of fat free milk, a quick dash of vanilla extract, mixed it up, then put the cream cheese concoction ontop of the cookie. viola quick cheese cake. LOL. It was so good.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    I have some recipes with pictures here if you're interested....

me-on-dukan.blogspot.com
    thanks for posting this blog link!