What does your day look like?

Options
AiryM
AiryM Posts: 51 Member
I've flirted off and on with either Paleo/Primal eating. I'm looking into making a permanent life style change.

So, I'm curious, what does your food intake look like for the day? I'm always looking for new idea/combinations so I don't get stuck in a rut.

Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've only been on it a week, so I'm not qualified, but I would love to see some experienced people reply...
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Most of the time: A lot of meat and veges, some nuts and fruits, a little dark chocolate and red wine.

Somtimes: eating my old way, when visiting in-laws etc and just trying to be reasonable about it.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A typical day for me:

Morning: Coffee (black), Bacon, Eggs/Veggie Scramble cooked in bacon grease OR tuna with sea salt & pepper with sliced cucumbers & veggies
    Lunch: Leftovers from the night before (usually meat + 2-3 types of veggies), salad
    Supper: Steak & mushroom/onion saute + sweet potato w/creamed coconut & cinnamon, salad OR
    dry rub meat with roasted veggies OR slow cooker roast & root veggies with broccoli/cauliflower tossed in coconut oil, salt & pepper

Basically for dinners I just cook up some protein in some fat and put veggies of some kind beside it. For snacks, I make beef jerky, carry around a handful or nuts. I'll have 1-2 servings of fruit a day, sometimes more.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: usually eggs - either fried (in bacon grease!) or scrambled, with some meat and/or veggies. Or hard boiled eggs. Today I was running late, so I grabbed some cheese, nuts, and a strawberry. Hot green tea when I get to work (I'm not a coffee drinker).

Lunch & Dinner: I usually bring leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day. Meat & veggies. I always try to have some meat already cooked & ready, so I can always have something quick to re-heat. Make up some chicken breasts ahead, and I can put it on a salad, or make fajitas (minus tortilla), or today I tossed with some broccoli and threw in some cheese. Lettuce wraps with tuna or chicken salad, or deli meat (I know, not great for me, but not as bad as a lot of other stuff!). If I go out to lunch, I'll get a salad, skip the croutons/bread.

Other items I eat a lot of: pork rinds, dark (85-90%) chocolate (a bite or two satisfies me, and way less sugar when it's that rich), almond butter, avocados.

Basically, it's the same as I ate before, but I've ditched the grains. Breakfast is the same, just minus the toast/english muffin. Lunch/dinner is the same, minus bread/pasta/rice/white potatoes, etc. I load up on more veggies instead.