it's been 6 weeks today, and...

Options
StrongGwen
StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
...and I've finally hit the 10-lb mark! Not as fast as I want but totally healthy and muscle-protecting. and speaking of muscles, I'm very pleased with my shoulders progress, and last night I was caught off guard to see obliques in the mirror. true, I have to turn a certain way in just the right light, but there they were, making a lovely shadowed hollow along my side! Some days are better than others, and unfortunately I have learned that doing BFL at age 55 is not the same as at age 45! I have to allow more rest than I want to, but also I'm having to eat more than I first thought so that's a plus in my book! Every day is constant "protein hunt" I feel like a cavewoman! How is your progress?

Replies

• Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What a great post. My progress has not been good. I have broke off the routine and stopped. Many excuses, none warranted.

So, another plan. Get back to it right.

Happy for the great progress and excellent press to stay with it. Can't beleive your half way tehre already.

GO CAVEWOMAN! ;) Stay in the HUNT!
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    What a great post. My progress has not been good. I have broke off the routine and stopped. Many excuses, none warranted.

So, another plan. Get back to it right.

Happy for the great progress and excellent press to stay with it. Can't beleive your half way tehre already.

GO CAVEWOMAN! ;) Stay in the HUNT!
    [/quote!]
    UGH UGH UGH! ME WANT MAMMOTH
  • tinytimsummers
    tinytimsummers Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This month has not been as good for me as last month. What typically happens with me is that I bust my butt all week and eat right and the whole nine yards then on the weekends....all the bad foods call my name, lol. I have to be persistent on the weekends. I will do better this weekend.

Sounds like you are doing great StrongGwen! Navymustng, I once read that we do more damage to our bodies by feeling guilty about eating badly than the actual bad eating. I think this true to an extent. We can not let the bad weekends or missed workouts get us so down that we give up. You got it right when you said "Get back to it right".

Thank you all for the inspiration and support.
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats StrongGwen! I have lost over 8 lbs and I am so looking forward to the 10lb mark. I was originally thinking I would hit it after 5 weeks, but I have let a couple of my binge days be too much of a binge. And last weekend I went to 2 parties. But, even though I haven't lost as much weight as I hoped, I feel stronger - I am definitely toner than I was. LOL about the protein hunt. I am constantly trying to find new ways to introduce more protein into my diet without bringing in too many calories nor carbs.
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    Congrats StrongGwen! I have lost over 8 lbs and I am so looking forward to the 10lb mark. I was originally thinking I would hit it after 5 weeks, but I have let a couple of my binge days be too much of a binge. And last weekend I went to 2 parties. But, even though I haven't lost as much weight as I hoped, I feel stronger - I am definitely toner than I was. LOL about the protein hunt. I am constantly trying to find new ways to introduce more protein into my diet without bringing in too many calories nor carbs.

Food for thought (if you'll pardon the pun!) I got from a blog on MFP: junk food is like heroine, and we can be like junkies who have kicked the habit. Would you reward a junkie who has been clean for a whole week or two with a hit of heroine, because they have been so good that they "deserve" it? Kind of gave me a new perspecitive on it. I got a doz Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Strawberries for Valentines Day, and I decided that this once-a-year treat is worth the 10 minutes of cardio each! I am savoring them individually instead of gorging myself on the whole box at once which could easily do (been there, done that too).

Protein Hunt Helpers: liquid egg whites in a carton, I can get them at the local Wal Mart! pasturized and no flavor or texture, add to almost anything for protein with no carbs or fat--if you're watching sodium keep track though. AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes (I add egg whites to it too!). 1 whole egg scrambled with 2 egg whites. Pre-cooked chicken strips, 100 cal for a 3 oz serving. and luckily I like 2% cottage cheese and palin Greek yogurt which I use like sour cream.

Good luck keeping your mental focus!
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    On Day 26, I finally lost 2 lbs... sadly, those 2 lbs were gained somewhere between day 1 and day 26. And even more sadly, there was no change in body composition.

I'm still pluggin' away though. Spent the last two days sick, so I wasted away 5 more lbs... we'll see if they stay gone once I get back into my routine.
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    bless your heart! losing more when you're sick than when you're living healthy sure does not seem fair. Not to mention that it is a surprise that you have not lost more, even if your weight did not budge your body composition should have, one would think. If you think I can help, feel free to add me as a friend and I'll take a look at your diary. I'm certainly no expert, but maybe I can see something from a new perspective? hope you feel better soon.
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    StrongGwen: I understand what you mean. My official weigh-in day is Tues, but I randomly check the scale on other days. I had a bad binge day early on in the program. I unofficially weighed myself on Sat and I had lost over 2 lbs since the previous Tuesday. And then I had my binge day on Sun. When I weighed myself on Tues, I had lost less than 1 lb. I gained back more than half the weight I lost. I realized then that at least for now, I had to control my binge days. I am not going to give them up completely since they help make the hard work (when it is hard work) worth it. I just have to be careful with them to make sure I get the rewards of my hard work.

I have he cartons of egg whites - I get them from BJ's (similar to Costco, Sam's Club, etc).

Jenn26point2 - sorry to hear that you are sick. Not a good way to lose weight. In the past when I did BFL I did not really lose any weight until after 5/6 weeks. And then my body started really changing - and very quickly. Be confident that you will be rewarded for your persistance.