My Funny Valentines

Six Things you could decide to love about yourself today on Valentine's Day:

1. That you're addicted enough to MFP to consider dropping Facebook, even for a moment. You tell yourself "But no, there's mom and Dad and cousin Bettie Sue on FB...I just can't...."

2. That if somehow you were given a gift of a gi-normous slice of chocolate cake that should cost 1,000 bonus calories, but doesn't due to a magical spell over it, you'd KNOW that was One Awesome Gift. You might log it anyway, just in case.

3. That you're here, reading this, instead of eating a gi-normous slice of chocolate cake THAT DOES cost 1,000 calories. I mean, I'm only assuming. It's not like I can access anyone's camera.

4. That you either decided to budget enough calories in your meal today for a little indulgence like HOLYCOWTHESECINNAMONROLLS ROCK Cinnamon Rolls, or you're going to be indulgent and not turn around and blast yourself to pieces with self-criticism. (Because even thin, athletic, healthy people like a little indulgence, too)

5. That you're capable of love. You might have a "main squeeze" in your daily life that you have a loving relationship with or you might not. Either way, you're capable of giving others love, and awesome love at that. Or, if by some chance you feel completely incapable of loving anyone at all, perhaps a dog. A large-eared dog, who curls up on your lap. Even that counts (and apparently, petting a dog releases Oxytocin, otherwise known as the cuddle hormone, which is like a drug. A legal one. I think I should charge $10 to come and pet my chihuahua-terrier mix.)

6. That you have never really given up. You tried and failed, tried and failed, but now you're back with another try that has every chance in the world to be the one that stops being a TRY and becomes a DO.

Happy Valentine's Day,