Why are YOUR weekends hard?

Options
Jessie544
Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
Me personally, it's the time off with my husband. I've worked shift work for 3 years, and this is the first year I've had weekends off (I'm off Fri/Sat all year!) which is awesome, but now that my husband and I have days off together, it seems it's easier to stray from the usual weekday routine of diet/gym. During the week he leaves for work early, goes to the gym before hand, and then does his work day and eats the food he has packed for the day. For me, it's pretty much the same... I don't have to be at work until the afternoon so I take my son with me to the gym and work out, come home and pack my food for work....

On the weekends, however, we wake up whenever our 2 year old wakes us, and it seems like all routine is thrown out the window. Mind you, neither of us works out on the weekend (no day care) so even more reason not to eat like crap. Even more than the eating, though, is the drinking! My husband and I both enjoy adult beverages, if you will.... and the weekend just seems the time to do it, especially when we're together or out with friends.

Since the beginning of the year when we've started back on our diet/exercise kick... every weekend there's an excuse to eat/drink, we both had birthdays, family in from out of town, date night, girls night, etc.... so all the hard work that we've put in during the week just kinda goes to waste! Now, his argument is "hey, we're still losing weight, what the hell? might as well...." but my thing is, we would be doing so much BETTER if we cut it out... or at least DOWN to every other weekend.

I have a beach vacation in May, and we need to get our butts in gear, because there's no way I'm getting in a bathing suit in this body!!

Replies

• Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am a big church-goer, like when you think off the ladies with the big hats, love, and loudness(in a good way) that's me all the way. So it's safe to say that food comes along with that. I'm usually on the go with my church 3 out 4 weekends. So I'm always busy and eating on the run. This past weekend we had a wedding, so the food was fried and calorie filled. But the weekend that I'm not going with the church I'm with my mom and all we do is shop and eat. Usually fast food or something were my portions are just way too big.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Weekends are so difficult because I'm usually invited to some type of function: a friend's party/dinner/lunch/happy hr/dancing or a kid party. It's the eating out food that gets me even if you try to get something somewhat healthy it doesn't work. Also if I'm out all day forget it I get sucked in to whatever my hubby and kids want at the time. It's like it's the weekend why not be lax on the eating. This is why I'm caught up in the vicious cycle of re-losing the same weight OVER AND OVER again. It must stop.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nothing more relaxing to me than to cook a great meal while sipping on a wonderful glass of wine. Weekends allow my husband and I the time to do that. We have no real winter activities so we try to hit the gym one or both days but we sabotage all that with the large rich dinners and wine. Curses!!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I usually allow myself a cheat day once a week, and i always choose a weekend day. I binge. Then the fallowing day when i get back on track i end up binging again at night. And it takes me another couple days of feeling bad and wanting to punish myself to get myself back on track. Half the time i just won't eat for most of the fallowing day (which isn't healthy), so i can get some control back on my eating habits.

I am doing IF now and that seems to help.