Getting stuck in the evenings!!!

Options
Catplumb
Catplumb Posts: 33 Member
Hi. I need help! I have been doing really well during the day with calories etc, but when it comes to the evenings I just want to eat!!! what can I do???

Cat x

Replies

• alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    You have to determine WHY you are eating. Is it because you are hungry or because it is there or are you stressed or bored? Once you determine the cause you can correct the behavior. Try drinking more water - it fills you up. If you are bored or stressed - try to find a hobby or a way to keep yourself busy and out of the kitchen. I try to watch what I bring into the house because if it's not there I'm not going to eat it. Kinda hard since I have a skinny little 18 year old living with me - LOL! Fortunately for me she likes eating healthy. My husband is trying to eat healthier as well so I'm lucky in that sense. If you have to have the unhealthy stuff in your house keep it out of sight. Keep low calorie, healthy snacks within reach so that is what you reach for instead of the other things. Also, package your foods into 100 or so ziplocs. That way you know exactly how much you are eating and you aren't guessing. Don't just grab the bag of chips and take it to your chair to watch TV - you end up eating more than you intend. Just a few things that work for me.
  • Catplumb
    Catplumb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it is probably more boredom than anything else, and usually happens when I finally sit down after getting my 3 kids into bed!!! I will try the bagging trick, and buy more low cal "junk" for me!!!!