Training partner

Options
heysarge13
heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
What's everybodies opinion on having a training partner. For me I flop back and forth on how I feel about them. For weight training I generally prefer going at t alone. But sometimes having that person there to motivate me through those last few reps is what I need. Now for cardio it's different. Like most people we despise cardio so I like having somebody to share in my misery and of course push me that extra mile.

Replies

• FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I guess it's like working with someone on anything...if you can find the right partner it can be great. One person might just annoy you to no end and the other might inspire you to push yourself. I think it depends on who your partner is. On cardio days I prefer to go it alone and my only competitor is myself and making sure my HRM says I'm pushing hard enough. I like the idea of learning from others and pushing, so long as everyone is putting in the effort and we're all seeing progress.
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I prefer working with someone else, just because I don't want to look like the weak, fat girl who never exercises, so I'm more likely to push myself.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You know as I'm transitioning my strength training to free weights, the value of a workout partner becomes more apparent. The machines negate the need, but when you're trying to get those last few reps...