Phase 2, Week 5 and 6

Options

Replies

• snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow! Workout 6 made me sweat like crazy. I burned 324 calories today per my HRM (5'4" and 166 pounds)and used my 5 and 8 pound weights but I was dripping with sweat. This workout didn't really seem that hard, but it made me sweat more than all the others. Did anyone else feel like this?
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just completed my first day of wrkout 6 I found it so much easier then wrkout 5. I really liked doin the sit ups with the weights cuz it helps pull u up. I still hate runnin man though lol. Cardio 2 2mrw.
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Okay, question for those of you already in phase 2. I'm almost done with phase 1, and it's bugging me that a few exercises in workouts 3 & 4 are still kicking my butt. Particularly the plank-ups and the hollow man. I also tend to give out before I'm done with the last few surrenders. I do try to push myself farther with each workout, and I'm pretty good at some of the other moves; I'm using 8 lb dumbells for most of the weighted moves. I'm wondering if I should try doing another week of workouts 3 & 4 to get better at certain exercises, or if I should just move on to phase 2, do my best at workouts 5 & 6, and quit fretting over not doing everything perfectly???
  • snlperdue93
    Options
    Okay, question for those of you already in phase 2. I'm almost done with phase 1, and it's bugging me that a few exercises in workouts 3 & 4 are still kicking my butt. Particularly the plank-ups and the hollow man. I also tend to give out before I'm done with the last few surrenders. I do try to push myself farther with each workout, and I'm pretty good at some of the other moves; I'm using 8 lb dumbells for most of the weighted moves. I'm wondering if I should try doing another week of workouts 3 & 4 to get better at certain exercises, or if I should just move on to phase 2, do my best at workouts 5 & 6, and quit fretting over not doing everything perfectly???

I would move on to phase 2. I still had trouble with some of the exercises in workout 3 & 4....the plank ups suck and I had to force myself to get through them on the last time I did them. By moving on to phase 2 you are still getting work on the muscles, but in different ways. Like in workout 5 you do push ups and then raise one arm to the sky (can't remember what she called it) and they are hard, but not as hard as plank ups were for me.

My plan is to do the full 90 days as scheduled on the calendar and then probably start at the beginning and do them all again.
  • Andi_1977
    Options

I would move on to phase 2. I still had trouble with some of the exercises in workout 3 & 4....the plank ups suck and I had to force myself to get through them on the last time I did them. By moving on to phase 2 you are still getting work on the muscles, but in different ways. Like in workout 5 you do push ups and then raise one arm to the sky (can't remember what she called it) and they are hard, but not as hard as plank ups were for me.

My plan is to do the full 90 days as scheduled on the calendar and then probably start at the beginning and do them all again.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking I should probably do, but I feel better hearing it from someone who's already in the next phase. It should be interesting to see how much easier some of the moves in the earlier workouts are after completing the entire program!
  • snlperdue93
    Options
    Wow, I did workout 5 for the first time on Monday and workout 6 for the first time yesterday and this morning I woke up sore! I love it! My booty feels like someone was beating on it with a sledge hammer and it feels great! I knew that workout 6 made me sweat, but it didn't really seem all that hard to me so I was worried that I was going to have to find additional "up" buttons for that one. After feeling so sore this morning, I think my "up" buttons were pushed :D
  • lisseteglori
    lisseteglori Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Does it Matter if you do the DVD in the morning or late afternoon?
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    I slapped myself in the leg twice with the cable! It hurt so bad! It was during the move in workout 6 when we use it for bicep curls and it just slipped from under my foot. I just started using my dumbells instead. My back is really hurting this week...it's definitely a step up from Phase 1 but I am loving it!
  • snlperdue93
    Options
    I slapped myself in the leg twice with the cable! It hurt so bad! It was during the move in workout 6 when we use it for bicep curls and it just slipped from under my foot. I just started using my dumbells instead. My back is really hurting this week...it's definitely a step up from Phase 1 but I am loving it!

I did that too. I think tomorrow I will use my dumbells instead of the cable. The chest fly's with the cable really freaking hurt too...lol
  • jillianfan317
    Options
    I completed wrkout 5 once again my triceps are still burnin from the last time. Wrkout 6 2mrw and I'm so lookin forward to do the ab wrkouts. Thats my main trouble zone and the love handles
  • jillianfan317
    Options
    just finished Cardio 2 man am I sweatin bullets
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    I also just finished Cardio 2. Same thing, sweating like crazy. When she yells "Do you have one more?" at the beginning of the 3rd circuit. I yelled right back at her, "No, not one more, no!" But, managed to finish the the set anyway.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 and am feeling good. Now I'm nervous for week 5 & 6...LOL.
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    I just finished week 1 and am feeling good. Now I'm nervous for week 5 & 6...LOL.

Congrats on completing Week 1. Don't be nervous, you will see as the weeks progress how much stronger you get and you will be ready for it.:smile:
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I start phase 2 tomorrow! I am so excited and scared to start it. Little worried a out all of the push ups. No upper body strength at all, but then again, guess that's why I'm doing it!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I start phase 2 tomorrow! I am so excited and scared to start it. Little worried a out all of the push ups. No upper body strength at all, but then again, guess that's why I'm doing it!

You look strong in your pic!!!! :D Good luck :)
  • Andi_1977
    Options
    I started Phase 2 last night, and I was surprised that workout 5 wasn't as bad as I expected. It was still hard and the cable punches kicked my butt, but I was able to do a lot more than I thought I would. I guess I got even more out of Phase 1 than I thought!
  • mheightchew
    Options

You look strong in your pic!!!! :D Good luck :)

Thanks!
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Day 2 of phase 2. Holy crape those lat pulls/sit ups are insane! I did them all but am sure feeling it now! Cardio is tomorrow. And I am a little worried...
  • Andi_1977
    Options
    Day 2 of phase 2. Holy crape those lat pulls/sit ups are insane! I did them all but am sure feeling it now! Cardio is tomorrow. And I am a little worried...

I'm right there with you! Last night was day 2 of phase 2. I actually liked the lat pulls/sit ups, and I was amazed that I was able to do all of them with 8 lb. weights. The weighted supermans are a whole 'nother story...more like weighted belly flops!! I had a hard enough time doing those without weights in workout 2.

Otherwise, I felt pretty good about the workout. I'm just a little worried that I may not be getting the most out of it because I'm struggling with proper form on a few of the moves, like the single leg squat/statue of liberty thing...WTF??? Are you trying to kill me Jillian?