Weird calf pain

Options
For the past few days I've had a weird, persistent pain in my left calf. The last time I went to the gym was last Thursday but I didn't hurt myself there, and I didn't feel the pain there then or immediately after my workout.

It hurts especially badly when I walk, although I feel pain even if I just press my fingers into it. It almost feels like the calf muscle is too short all of a sudden, so it can't stretch up all the way when I take a step. It hurts less if I walk on my tiptoes, but... that's not always possible.

What's going on with my calf? :(

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, do you wear high heels??
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I get it sometimes, and Beeps is right, it's usually because I've been wearing heels all week.

Also make sure you're getting enough potassium, that will help with muscle cramps. Try drinking a powerade zero before or immediately after your next workout.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,963 Member
    Options
    weightofyourskin - get BACK IN HERE AND REPORT BACK!!

I want to know that you are doing okay and that the calf-pain has resolved itself!!??
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm with Beeps. keep checking in to see if it has not gotten better. If it hasn't gotten better I would recommend seeing someone because there are other things it could be beside a muscle cramp thing