Jamie Eason Recipes

Options

Replies

• debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I've made several of her recipes. So far, my favorites are the pumpkin and carrot cake protein bars. I made the turkey muffins just the way she said to the first time and though, I needed to tweak them. So last week, I replaced the cumin with oregano and they were so much better! Today, I did them with chicken and they are good that way too! I made the apple cinnamon protein bread, didn't like that one. As soon as I find some almond flour, I will make the apple cinnamon protein bars! My hubby loves the food as well!

Wow...I'm surprised your hubby likes it. I still have not found time to make any of her recipes but when I do I might have questions for you because of all the weird things in them.
    I think Walmart might sell Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal? I posted the link below:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Almond-Meal-from-Blanched-Whole-Almonds-Flour-16-oz/12018295

I'm sure I can get in online but I might not be able to find it locally. Feel free to ask me...be glad to help! And hubby will eat most anything! lol But seriously the food has been tasty!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the recipe reviews. They are so helpful. I really need to make something new. Last week I made the chocolate protein bars. They were ok. You may want to search Eating for Life. It's a cookbook that has some good recipes in it. There are a few free ones on the web. I love the tuna apple salad. Have a great day.
  • debwaid
    Options
    I'm loving the recipe reviews. They are so helpful. I really need to make something new. Last week I made the chocolate protein bars. They were ok. You may want to search Eating for Life. It's a cookbook that has some good recipes in it. There are a few free ones on the web. I love the tuna apple salad. Have a great day.

I'm glad you said that!! I have that book and there are some great recipes in that book!!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options

I'm glad you said that!! I have that book and there are some great recipes in that book!!

Maybe I should order that book because although I haven't tried any of Jamie Eason's recipes yet, I'm a huge fan of trying new recipes on a normal basis. I'll let you guys know if I order it.
    Also...If it isn't to much trouble would you please share the tuna apple salad recipe
    That sounds so delicious!! :love:
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't usually do the tomatoes.

Ingredients:

■1 can (6-ounce) tuna, water packed, drained
    ■1/2 onion, diced
    ■1 stalk celery, sliced
    ■1 tablespoon dill relish
    ■1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
    ■2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
    ■1 apple, cored and diced
    ■4 cups lettuce leaves
    ■2 tomatoes, cut in wedges

Directions:

1. In a medium mixing bow, combine tuna, onion, celery, relish, mustard, mayonnaise and apple; mix well.

2. Divide lettuce and tomato wedges between two separate plates. Top with a portion of tuna mixture, serve and enjoy!

Servings: 2

Nutrition per serving: 205 calories; 20g protein; 28g carbohydrates; 2g fat.
  • debwaid
    Options

Ingredients:

■1/2 onion, diced
    ■1 stalk celery, sliced
    ■4 cups lettuce leaves

Directions:

1. In a medium mixing bow, combine tuna, onion, celery, relish, mustard, mayonnaise and apple; mix well.

2. Divide lettuce and tomato wedges between two separate plates. Top with a portion of tuna mixture, serve and enjoy!

YUMMY! Glad you posted this....I am so having this to eat today!!
  • lauri78
    lauri78 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi group, I am new here, but not new to Jamie easons livefit program.
    I am currently in week 9, and loving the program and the recipes. Some of my faves are the pumpkin protein bars, fish in foil, the mini meatloaf muffins, the apples and cottage cheese, and the Italian turkey burgers.
    I make the fish in foil, and turkey burgers at least once a week! So yummy!
    Has anyone tried the turkey chili? That one is next on my list.
  • debwaid
    Options
    Glad you are here! I love the Carrot Cake protein bars, they are my favorite and I've made them all. Turkey/chicken muffins are delicious even though the thought of a turkey muffin sounded gross! Turkey burger is on the menu for tonight's dinner since hubby intends to make homemade chorizo burgers!! That's how I gained my weight...letting him cook!!!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I made the Italian Turkey Burgers last night!! Very good....as usual next time I will tweak the spices a little though!!

photo-13.jpg
  • lauri78
    lauri78 Posts: 19
    Options
    Yummy! I was initially pretty grossed out at the thought of that much zuchinni in a burger, but they stay so moist! I love them on their own too....to cut out the carbs,I skip the bread. I just eat them with a fork and knife, and the condiment of my desire.
    I also want to try making them into meatballs and eat them with spaghetti squash.
  • debwaid
    Options
    Yummy! I was initially pretty grossed out at the thought of that much zuchinni in a burger, but they stay so moist! I love them on their own too....to cut out the carbs,I skip the bread. I just eat them with a fork and knife, and the condiment of my desire.
    I also want to try making them into meatballs and eat them with spaghetti squash.
    Sounds good!! I have been craving something spaghetti'ish!! :tongue:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did the turkey chili with beans, I thought it was good.
  • debwaid
    Options
    If we have any more cool nights, I want to try the chili! It looks so good!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I made the Chocolate Protein Bars a few weeks back and wasn't really impressed with them. I have been craving chocolate, so I decided to try making them again but this time use chocolate protein powder. I also added 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. OMG these were so good!!! I have to say that I have been really impressed with her recipes!! Most of them are edible! :bigsmile:

9692197.png
  • debwaid
    Options
    I got out my Eating for Life book the other day! I've been craving spaghetti, so I made the turkey meatballs! OHHHH, were they good! I think the best meatballs that I have ever made. Granted the old way would have been with beef and pork, so turkey!! It's great to know that we are eating good and tastes good too!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I got out my Eating for Life book the other day! I've been craving spaghetti, so I made the turkey meatballs! OHHHH, were they good! I think the best meatballs that I have ever made. Granted the old way would have been with beef and pork, so turkey!! It's great to know that we are eating good and tastes good too!

photo-18.jpg
  • debwaid
    Options

photo-18.jpg

photo-19.jpg
  • debwaid
    Options
    Not one of Jamie's recipes but all allowed foods from the foot list! This is one of my absolute favorite things to eat!!

photo3.jpg
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

photo-18.jpg

This looks delicious!!!
    I think I'm going to Barnes n Noble and buying this book soon.
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

Ingredients:

■1/2 onion, diced
    ■1 stalk celery, sliced
    ■4 cups lettuce leaves

Directions:

OMG...sounds delicious...I'm writing this down and using it. Thank you for posting!